Should I be worried, or should I wait?

My daughter has been throwing up for a little over 5 hours. She can't keep anything down. I keep letting her drink pedialyte so she won't get dehydrated and im switing that up with ginger ale to settle her stomach. Any medicines I've given her is comming up 5 minutes after she takes it and Im out of options. I thought about taking her to the ER. Shes not running a fever and she is just tired but cant sleep due to the throwing up. Should I just wait it out through the night and if she is still sick in the morning, take her to the doctor, or should I go ahead and take her to the ER? Shes not running a fever and shes acting normally other than throwing up. Some members of my family have had a stomach virus and Im almost sure that it, so the ER visit would be pointless. Advise please? Oh she is 2 1/2

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:58 PM on Oct. 30, 2008 in General Parenting

• I would be safe and go ahead and take her to the ER...You dont want her to get dehydrated, and that is young to be throwing up that much. It may be a hassle in the ER, believe me I KNOW!! But She may need to be put on an IV to keep her body hydrated. GOOD LUCK WITH IT!! I hope she gets to feeling better soon!
    Cecilydw

Answer by Cecilydw at 10:25 PM on Oct. 30, 2008

• I agree, she is young to be throwing up like that. Mine was throwing up last night. She threw up once and was done. She is also two
    racingmomma

Answer by racingmomma at 10:28 PM on Oct. 30, 2008

• I agree take her to the ER...21/2 can get dehydrated real fast. Some stomache bugs that affect grownups one way can make a little one even sicker. My sons pediatrician has always said if they continue to throw up over an hour and keep nothing down it is best to bring them in.
    nyteowl

Answer by nyteowl at 3:33 AM on Oct. 31, 2008