Are you surprised by today's Cafemom Poll results?

I am. 37% say they will vote for McCain, 39% for Obama, and the rest were randomly scattered between the "undecided", "won't vote", "write in/third party candidate", and "not eligible to vote" options. I was expecting a bigger lean towards Obama. Anyone else surprised by this?

heather.huckaby

Asked by heather.huckaby at 10:03 PM on Oct. 30, 2008 in Politics & Current Events

• i don't think polls mean anything
    heatherama

Answer by heatherama at 10:07 PM on Oct. 30, 2008

• not real surprised. I'm sure lots of people don't go ranting about their political choice :)
    Anonymous

• Nope, there are 800+ members that are supporting McCain/Palin that I know of right off the bat. :)

The media polls aren't accurate. How many people have actually voted in them? I don't know anyone who has. So I'm trying to figure out who's voting in these so called polls.
    McCainPalin

Answer by McCainPalin at 10:22 PM on Oct. 30, 2008

• Given the obvious lean toward Obama I was a little surprised but feel the big surprise will come Tuesday.

SFerber

Answer by SFerber at 10:28 PM on Oct. 30, 2008

• not surprised... i dont trust the media polls... they're a little one sided.. i haven't been polled and i'm voting for mccain.
    bonn777

Answer by bonn777 at 10:41 PM on Oct. 30, 2008

• Not surprised at all. The media is so biased, and I'm sure the polls are as well. I can't wait for this election. I have a feeling there are a lot of people who will be voting for the lesser of two evils.
    Anonymous

• no im not suprised i live in a town of about 500 and only about 15 are voting for obama i dont think polls mean much you never really know until its over and i know that nobody here has done any of the media polls
    Nicole6320

Answer by Nicole6320 at 11:30 PM on Oct. 30, 2008

• Not really, from what I've seen on Cafemom there are a lot of McCain supporters.
    Anonymous

• I'm disappointed but not surprised by the large # of women who will chose not to exercise their right and responsibility to vote in this election.
    Anonymous

• I'm not suprised but it is one thing to vote on a poll it is another thing to actualy go out and vote....
    Izzyscrazymom

Answer by Izzyscrazymom at 12:20 AM on Oct. 31, 2008