Someone I let into my home, and was trying to build a relationship with betrayed my trust.

She lives across the street from me, and desperately tried to become my friend. At a distance I would talk to her, and be friendly, with time we became friendlier, to the point where I let her come into my home ( she said she needed some food to cook) and come to find out, I leave the country and she gave my telephone number to her cousin to hit on my husband. Well, I found out because my DH told me that (my supposed) friend's cousin was hitting on him and one day called the house. I knew the gal wasn't trustworthy so I would not trust her with anything personal, but since she wanted to chat sometimes did giver her my home phone number. How stupid could I be? I am so upset. What would you say to her? I know that she is going to act like nothing happened and try to come visit me when I get home next week..

Luisa621

Asked by Luisa621 at 9:02 PM on Oct. 29, 2010 in Relationships

• Baby, straight and to the point don't ask her a damn thing because you know she will deny it. Let her know in a pleasant tone - that seems to hit home more - that you don't appreciate her actions and feel it best if she just stay away from you and your home and to tell her cousin if she calls your home again you AND your husband will press charges for harassment.
    Cheveyo1

Answer by Cheveyo1 at 9:13 PM on Oct. 29, 2010

• Just be straight to the point. Don't argue about it. If you are done, just say so. Then she'll understand completly.
    Musicmom80

Answer by Musicmom80 at 9:13 PM on Oct. 29, 2010

• I agree. Don't get angry and yell because then she will put it down to you being a bitch. Tell her straight out that you want nothing to do with her from here on out. I also agee with the harassment idea because that should stop her from retaliating.
    CorrinaWithrow

Answer by CorrinaWithrow at 9:28 PM on Oct. 29, 2010

• I would definitely be upset with your neighbor for a couple of reasons. First of all, she shouldn't have gave your phone number out without your permission. Second of all, she shouldn't give it to someone else to hit on your husband (knowing that he is married), that's just wrong. When you get back, call the number that her cousin was calling from to confirm who it is so she can't deny it. Then confront her with it and tell her you called her number and you know that it was her cousin calling. She can't deny that. She did betray you. I wouldn't be friends with her anymore because she took advantage of you. Most important of all, change your phone number.
    amessageofhope

Answer by amessageofhope at 12:18 AM on Oct. 30, 2010

• Thanks so much ladies!
    Luisa621

Comment by Luisa621 (original poster) at 3:45 PM on Oct. 30, 2010