Question about my daughter

ok so out of the blue my daughter starts a tantrum but its more like a freak out to the point she is tense and gets beat red nothing calms her down its like a 10 minute fit does anyone know what this could be or am i just worried for nothing.

not only do i feel useless when shes like this but i feel like a bad mom and shes showing me

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:02 PM on Oct. 29, 2010 in Toddlers (1-2)

• Was it triggered by some thing? Even something small?
    But_Mommie

Answer by But_Mommie at 9:04 PM on Oct. 29, 2010

• not sure we gave her some milk and she threw it than she started with this fit
    Mommy2Be1212009

Answer by Mommy2Be1212009 at 9:05 PM on Oct. 29, 2010

• no shes just testing out her new feelijgs of power and even anger. tell her: its okay to be angry...you can always talk to me about it. i did this with my son at that age and he NEVER had tantrums!!! they just dont know what is happening to them and if no one explains these feelinsg to them they have to figure it our or communicate them the best/worst ways they knwo how. give her coping mechanisms now, such as go to room to vent, lets talk now, what is it my love tell me, then she will feel more well adjusted and comfortable with you. never punish a child for BEING angry, just the ways they express it. anger is an emotion that means somethign needs to be changed. if they dont have the language for it toddlers go berserk. guide her in these intense feelings or let he have space and revisit issue in abit. distract her afterward and reassure her you are still her mom and friends with her even if she gets mad or you mad at her.
    silverelf

Answer by silverelf at 9:06 PM on Oct. 29, 2010

• Well, my first thought when you said 'out of the blue' was that there is a very slim chance it could be a seizure. The only reason I even know about this is because they questioned it with my son when he was in the diagnosis process for Autism. (HIs always had a small trigger so it was ruled out.) I dunno maybe she chocked and scared herself or something is sore...How old is she?
    But_Mommie

Answer by But_Mommie at 9:09 PM on Oct. 29, 2010

• she is 21.5 months
    Mommy2Be1212009

Answer by Mommy2Be1212009 at 9:11 PM on Oct. 29, 2010

• so not quite 2...um... yeah It may have been nothing at all at that age except she decided something was not exactly how she wanted it. If you had said she was closer to 3 I would be more concerned... I think there is nothing to worry about unless it starts to happen often and then I may mention it to her ped at a regular visit.
    But_Mommie

Answer by But_Mommie at 9:13 PM on Oct. 29, 2010

• my son went through the same thing at his age. All he would do is freak out. kick, scream, he would turn red also. his doctor said it was very normal. and no you are not a bad mother, she will be fine. I would always put my son in time out and let him finish. not gonna hurt her a bit .
    ashes331

Answer by ashes331 at 9:49 PM on Oct. 29, 2010