How long does your child nap and how many times a day? (11 month old here)

Not sure where to post this because I have an older baby but not quite a toddler, she is 11 months old and I have taken her down to one nap a day that lasts 1-3 hours. She sleeps 13 hours at night (on the DOT) for days she only takes one nap.

staciandababy

Asked by staciandababy at 9:05 PM on Oct. 29, 2010 in Babies (0-12 months)

• that sounds good AND right. my eight month old sleeps SO soundly and long thru the night, like 10-12 hours, she only takes one nap and it is shorter than that. SOMETIMES she doesnt nap yikes but she usually gets 12 or even 14 hrs at night so its ok. my son was a bIG 3HR napper (once a day) at the same time, but my daughter is unpredictable about when she will let go and fall asleep
    silverelf

Answer by silverelf at 9:10 PM on Oct. 29, 2010

• caroline is 8 1/2 months old and she sleeps 10-12 hours at night and wakes up 2 times during the night! and takes a 2 hours nap and an hour nap during the day! sometimes she skips the hour nap but we pay for it later! lol
    Caroline2010

Answer by Caroline2010 at 9:37 PM on Oct. 29, 2010

• My son is 7 months and sleeps for about an hour in the morning and then 1.5 -2 hours in the afternoon. At night he is getting about 10 hours. Sounds like your daughter is on the right track.
    mommytobrooke

Answer by mommytobrooke at 9:48 PM on Oct. 29, 2010

• That seems about right to me too. Around 11 months, my son was still on 2 naps a day, but he started transitioning to 1 nap a day shortly after he turned one. The afternoon nap usually lasted between 1 1/2 and 3 hours depending on how much he slept the night before. I think he usually slept between 11 and 13 hours at night around that time (and now). Now he's two and fighting naps. Ugh.
    pam19

Answer by pam19 at 10:55 PM on Oct. 29, 2010

• At 11 months my son was sleeping 12 hours at night and taking two 2 hour naps.

Answer by missanc at 7:12 AM on Oct. 30, 2010