• In the Spotlight:

lunch ideas for 14 month old and 2 1/2 year old

I am falling into a rut of pb&j and grilled cheese. What else can I make them for lunch this is quick and healthy?

jc20089

Asked by jc20089 at 9:11 PM on Oct. 29, 2010 in Food & Drink

• I started doing a lot of frozen vegetables. I don't have to worry about them going bad and my daughter always loved peas... So I'd combine peas, ditalini (it's a small, circular pasta) and little chunks of ham or chicken. Works great for leftovers. I'd season it up a little bit and she was good to go with it.

She also really likes cream cheese, so I can spread it on a tortilla and roll it up, or use melted cheese in place of the cream cheese.

One of my favorite things to do is cook breakfast for lunch with her. She LOVES breakfast food, and it tends to be really fast, so it works great.

Another thing I do is take cans of soup, like Healthy Choice or Progresso, drain out the juice/broth, and warm it up a little and serve. All the stuff she needs and she can self-feed without the mess.
    Razelda

Answer by Razelda at 9:26 PM on Oct. 29, 2010

• My daughter is also a pb&j fan. We currently have been doing pb crackers with a fruit. You can do soups, mac and cheese, make pizza on bagels, or just a bagel with cream cheese or pb, frozen waffles
    mommytobrooke

Answer by mommytobrooke at 10:01 PM on Oct. 29, 2010

• Fruit and dip
    Soup and crackers
    Mac n cheese
    wraps and burritoes
    Quesadillas
    LadyCash

Answer by LadyCash at 10:10 PM on Oct. 29, 2010

• I have a huge list of lunch ideas; send me a message if you would like a copy

Answer by rkoloms at 11:57 AM on Oct. 30, 2010