Baby Boy baby shower question?

i am the host and i have never thrown a party before for a baby. Would a cake shaped like a penis be too much or cute for a baby boy shower.? Any ideas on the colors too with help greatly, thx

Ericha7

Asked by Ericha7 at 9:19 PM on Oct. 29, 2010 in Pregnancy

• ROFL does the pregnant lady have a sense of humor?
    lowencope

Answer by lowencope at 9:21 PM on Oct. 29, 2010

• Are you kidding? Where I'm from that would be highly offensive. That is something you would see at a bachelorette party. Cakes of bears, bolloons, A simple sheet cake that says It's a boy is far preferable.

GrnEyedGrandma

Answer by GrnEyedGrandma at 9:23 PM on Oct. 29, 2010

• that would be wayyy too much! imo penis cakes should be used more for bachelorette parties lol.
    proudmommy690

Answer by proudmommy690 at 9:23 PM on Oct. 29, 2010

• I really don't think the grandma, or great grandma would appreciate a penis cake at a BABY shower. That is much more bachlorette "girls night" kinda thing. I have a great sense of humor and would get a kick out of that-but my mom, MIL and all the aunts would have DIED.
    Carajust

Answer by Carajust at 9:24 PM on Oct. 29, 2010

• A penis cake is more appropriate for an adult themed party NOT a baby shower.
    LuvBug3

Answer by LuvBug3 at 9:25 PM on Oct. 29, 2010

• YOu could have it sent tot he party anonymously. That way you can see everyone's reaction but it won't be directed towards to you. What the date and address, I gotta see this. lol. Just kidding too.
    Queentdi

Answer by Queentdi at 9:48 PM on Oct. 29, 2010

• Sorry for the spelling errors. It's late. lol
    Queentdi

Answer by Queentdi at 9:49 PM on Oct. 29, 2010

• lmao!
    randibosin

Answer by randibosin at 11:17 PM on Oct. 29, 2010

• Yeah, I think that is way too much.. I think grandma might have a heart attack just seeing it in public not to mention any one under the age of 13.. Colors can be blue, yellow, green or a mix of them..
    midnightmoma

Answer by midnightmoma at 9:25 PM on Oct. 29, 2010

• agree to much. even if mom to be has sense humor it could offend other guest
    raisingmen

Answer by raisingmen at 9:27 PM on Oct. 29, 2010