How do I stop the pain and help my milk dry up adult content

Ok My nearly 11 month old DD has just been weened to a bottle after getting her 2 bottom and 1 top tooth. I am now sooo swollen and full of milk it hurts to move my arms, bend over or even hold my little munchkin

MommyScapardine

Asked by MommyScapardine at 9:47 PM on Oct. 29, 2010 in Babies (0-12 months)

• I did the cabbage leaf trick. No one told me to cover my whole breast. I only covered my nipple for about a week. Only pain pills like aleve will help the pain. As far as the milk drying up, you pretty much have to wait it out. The cabbage leaves begin to stink after a while and it's only soothing when they are cold. Once they adjust to your body temperature, YOU STINK. lol
    Queentdi

Answer by Queentdi at 9:53 PM on Oct. 29, 2010

• Birth control pills are good for drying up milk. I made the mistake of getting on BC pills without doing my research and ended up having my milk supply dry up on me, quickly.
    Nanixh

Answer by Nanixh at 10:00 PM on Oct. 29, 2010

• I never had to do it but everyone told me to freeze cabbage leaves as well and put them in your bra. Cold compress of any kind will help really but that allows you to be somewhat mobile. Good luck momma!
    bigtrucksgirl

Answer by bigtrucksgirl at 10:02 PM on Oct. 29, 2010

• Cold cabbage leaves in your bra. Sage pills. There's a tea called "No More Milk". Motrin for pain. If it's bad, you can pump or hand express JUST ENOUGH to be comfortable. No binding your breasts, no super tight bras. Wear a well fitting, supportive bra.
    Krysta622

Answer by Krysta622 at 8:49 AM on Oct. 30, 2010