Why do people always have to give an opinion????

I feel like I cant tell my mom or mother inlaw anything?? They always have to say ...you feed her that??? or shes going to be a pig for halloween...I feel like if they don't like it they can fork over the dough for a better costume.....I live really far and i want to stop talking to them.....what would you do??? They really piss me off!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:20 PM on Oct. 30, 2008 in Relationships

• just remember Opinions are like assholes, everyone has one :) try your hardest to ignore them
    flutterfae

Answer by flutterfae at 10:21 PM on Oct. 30, 2008

• Make no point to call. Give yourself some space and make your time limitied.
    racingmomma

Answer by racingmomma at 10:21 PM on Oct. 30, 2008

• LOL I like her answer :)
    kaleigh111

Answer by kaleigh111 at 10:21 PM on Oct. 30, 2008

• well i dont talk to my mother in law period and my dad is very opioniated if he pisses me off i say "fine i'll talk to you later" and then he knows he said something wrong..... i asked him to help me buy diapers cause DH didn't get paid for another 10 days
    navywifemomkoch

Answer by navywifemomkoch at 10:23 PM on Oct. 30, 2008

• Aw a pig!! Thats so adorable. Dont listen to them. Its your kid. They may have a opinion but you have selective hearing!!!
    Marah2008

Answer by Marah2008 at 10:27 PM on Oct. 30, 2008

• I don't talk to mine at all anymore - much more peaceful now!:-)
    Babylove76

Answer by Babylove76 at 10:28 PM on Oct. 30, 2008

• Girl, this is why people move away from family. They can be a real pain in the ass. Don't offer up info and keep conversations to a minimum. Don't let them get to you. And just be happy you don't live next door. I think the pig costume is adorable too!
    hopelessnance

Answer by hopelessnance at 10:32 PM on Oct. 30, 2008

• Oct. 30, 2008 by: flutterfae
    flutt...
    just remember Opinions are like assholes, everyone has one :) try your hardest to ignore them

I love your answer flutter!
    hibicent

Answer by hibicent at 10:41 PM on Oct. 30, 2008

• Family is family you can't choose them,,well in-laws you can,,you choose to marry into them,,But anywho,,I can see not talking to your MIL,,but stop talking to your MOM..One day you will be in her place,,kids grown and won't talk to you,cause of what ever silly reason...How are you going to feel..

Answer by louise2 at 10:45 PM on Oct. 30, 2008

• Your mom and MIL, feel like they know best, but even with all their experience, it is still only thier opinion. Just say, "Well thx for your input." or something to that effect. Like you appreciate their opinion, but you don't have to take their advice. I would say to stop talking to them. Maybe they don't even realize how rude they are being, you could try explaining it to them, but I seriously doubt they'd "get" it. So just take it with a grain of salt, even just agree with them, since they don't live near you, and go ahead and do things your way. YOU are the mother. Sometimes grandmas have a hard time respecting the parent, and feel they know best. I am a grandma, and I make it a point to respect their mom's, they make all decisions concerning their children. I totally support their decisions. But not all mom's do...so just let it roll off, just say "Oh yeah, you may have a point." Then in your mind say "WHATEVER!!" LOL
    robinann5

Answer by robinann5 at 11:49 PM on Oct. 30, 2008