Kids and Coke

Kids and Pepsi.

Do you let your kids drink soda?
A whole cup/glass or just a sip?
Regularly or as a treat?

What age did you start?

LadyCash

Asked by LadyCash at 9:52 PM on Oct. 29, 2010 in General Parenting

• My kids are only 5 and 2, but they aren't allowed to drink soda unless they are sick and then they get Ginger Ale. Other than that they don't drink soda. I'm thinking maybe when they are 8 or older I will give them the chioce to have soda (caffiene free) with one of their meals. I grew up having soda and would like it if my kids had something healthier such as water or milk instead. I am not going to deny them something me and their dad drinks but it will be in moderation.
    jnsdrf

Answer by jnsdrf at 9:56 PM on Oct. 29, 2010

• We don't usually have soda in the house. But if it's hear they are always welcomed to it. We don't deny our kids something if it's in the house...

Answer by SabrinaMBowen at 9:56 PM on Oct. 29, 2010

• My kids don't like the fizz, so they don't drink it. I am fine with that.
    DevilInPigtails

Answer by DevilInPigtails at 9:58 PM on Oct. 29, 2010

• My daughter was about 3 when she had her first sprite. She normally orders a sprite when we eat out or if we have it at home. If we have soda at home its caffiene free.
    mommytobrooke

Answer by mommytobrooke at 10:11 PM on Oct. 29, 2010

• I'm with Sabrina, we don't keep it around often, but if it's around they can have some.
    Nanixh

Answer by Nanixh at 10:31 PM on Oct. 29, 2010

• We do not keep soda around. My 4 year old has never had it, does not ask for it,etc. When we go out to eat he will ask for unsweet tea or milk.
    Mom2Just1

Answer by Mom2Just1 at 10:52 PM on Oct. 29, 2010

• My son is not allowed pop unless it is a last resort and there is nothing else to drink
    alotleft2do

Answer by alotleft2do at 11:15 PM on Oct. 29, 2010

• I drink too much pop so it is always in the house. I let them have it occasionally - maybe once a week at the most - and maybe an 8 oz glass if that. In the summer when we are camping they usually have more cuz we buy it in cans and they love it! lol But that is just a special thing a few times in the summer.
    mama2000_1

Answer by mama2000_1 at 11:37 PM on Oct. 29, 2010

• We don't drink soda :) The only options I give the kids are: milk, water or watered-down (1/2 and 1/2) real fruit juice.

I won't say I've *never* let them have soda.. they have probably had (maybe) 24oz. of soda in their entire lives.. lol...and that was usually at a birthday party or some kind of event. The first time I gave them soda was around 3 years old.
    Bree0922

Answer by Bree0922 at 11:51 PM on Oct. 29, 2010

• I don't want to my kids to drink soda but when thier school has events they sells only soda so sometimes I let kids have some if they want to have a drink. And I am having hard time when thier friends who drinks soda come to my house and show them drinking soda.
    But at least they know it's not really a good thing.
    Omocha

Answer by Omocha at 12:09 AM on Oct. 30, 2010