Do you vote down answers? And if yes, then when?

I will vote down an answer if the responder is rude, but not for simply disagreeing with the majority, especially when they offer their logic to justify their answer. I find it ironic that many women here profess that everyone is entitled to their own opinions, unless of course, these opinions differ from theirs.....thank you for listening. Vent over.

DMac08

Asked by DMac08 at 10:24 PM on Oct. 29, 2010 in About CafeMom

• I will vote down answers that are rude, especially those who post anon because I think it's a chicken butt way to go. If I'm going to say something I don't think everyone will agree with, I say it.
    scout_mom

Answer by scout_mom at 10:31 PM on Oct. 29, 2010

• yes,when they're wrong and it could be really bad advise to follow,or if they're outwardly bitchy

Answer by butterflyblue19 at 10:25 PM on Oct. 29, 2010

• I'm ok with someone disagreeing with the majority, but if they are excessively rude or the advice that was given is harmful, then I will vote it down.
    rhianna1708

Answer by rhianna1708 at 10:26 PM on Oct. 29, 2010

• I have, bu not because it's something I don't agree with but because it's comepletly rude and uncalled for. I would never vote down someone else's opinion just because I didn't agree with it.
    skittles1108

Answer by skittles1108 at 10:29 PM on Oct. 29, 2010

• If its rude, intolerant, prejudiced, or mean. If its flat out incorrect, especially if its something that is unsafe. Not for merely disagreeing or having a different opinion, though. Usually its the ones who are picking on people or being outright rude. The rest of the time is people spreading misinformation, especially if its in a prejudiced way.
    bandgeek521

Answer by bandgeek521 at 10:50 PM on Oct. 29, 2010

• I only down vote the really RUDE anons, mainly because I know they lose points:)
    shanlaree

Answer by shanlaree at 10:26 PM on Oct. 29, 2010

• I've done it only once, and it was when someone was being intentionally rude and hurtful in a setting where I felt that it was uncalled for.
    beckcorc

Answer by beckcorc at 10:28 PM on Oct. 29, 2010

• I do if they're rude or nasty and deserve to be voted down.
    LovingSAHMommy

Answer by LovingSAHMommy at 10:34 PM on Oct. 29, 2010

• I'm not there yet. I've wondered how one can vote someone down.
    TwoBrownDogs

Answer by TwoBrownDogs at 10:35 PM on Oct. 29, 2010

• Go ahead and vent. We all need to vent sometimes.

To answer your question, yes, but for pretty much the same reasons as you.
    marchar2002

Answer by marchar2002 at 10:40 PM on Oct. 29, 2010