WHAT DO YOU THINK...

my husband has a daughter with his ex gf and him and her HATE each other. every time they try to talk it becomes a fight. my husband chose NOT to have any verbal contact with her just txt or email her in regards to there daughter (only when needed). and she was fine with this. but now she wants verbal contact with him. today they try to talk and it became a nasty fight. he does not know what more to do. she had even said that she wanted to talk to me because his an ass hole. after she and him finished arguing today she called me and was crying and wants me to make him talk to her. and he try's but she uses a lot of NOW! MY DAUGHTER! and a bunch of profanity. and if he is not willing to have HER in his life she will not let him see his daughter.
I AM GOING CRAZY...I DON'T WANT TO DO THIS OR LIVE THIS ANYMORE...I AM AT THE POINT THAT THIS CAN HURT MY MARRIAGE CUZ I HATE FIGHTS AND DRAMA...I LOVE MY HUSBAND BUT SHE IS TOO MUCH

iNk-FrEaK

Asked by iNk-FrEaK at 10:42 PM on Oct. 29, 2010 in Relationships

• Is it possible for you to deal with her?? Even though you don't necessarily like her it may be easier because they're aren't any feelings involved?  If there is shared custody it is important for there to be some kind of communication. 

skittles1108

Answer by skittles1108 at 10:46 PM on Oct. 29, 2010

• First off, if I am understanding correctly, your daughter is using profanity? If so you can't blame her for sure on that....I have seen you get pretty nasty on here and call people some choice words yourself for not agreeing with your ideas.

Second, if they can't get along to take care of their daughter than they need to get a visitation order from a judge.

Third, don't get involved, sounds like she's manipulative. Let them handle it. Good Luck.
    Anonymous

• Wow she sounds like a drama queen! I would flat out tell her that you do not want to get in the middle, she needs to talk to your husband and your husband only, and hang up the phone.
    If she's being verbally abusive and they can't agree on anything, maybe they can try going to a mediator.
    MommaofH2

Answer by MommaofH2 at 10:49 PM on Oct. 29, 2010

• i have been dealing with her but NOW she wants him to talk to her...and she wants respect and trust but she does not give it to him...his whole family is so drain with her...my husband lived an abused life with him...he was told to NEVER put a hand on a women but she use to hit him...last year she came to our home and broke his car...he just does not want to to fight and he nows that the minute they talk she yells and talk to him like shit...

iNk-FrEaK

Comment by iNk-FrEaK (original poster) at 10:50 PM on Oct. 29, 2010

• Or maybe he should just file an OFP. That way he doesn't have to deal with her at all.
    MommaofH2

Answer by MommaofH2 at 10:51 PM on Oct. 29, 2010

• Anonymous NOT MY DAUGHTER...my husbands ex girlfriend...and this shit is done in front of the child...i talk the way i talk when you annoy me...and with adults it's different but NOT IN FRONT OF A CHILD...

iNk-FrEaK

Comment by iNk-FrEaK (original poster) at 10:52 PM on Oct. 29, 2010

• So if she is vandalizing his property why aren't the police involved? She's doing this stuff becuase she gets away with it. He needs to get a visitation order, or go to court and prove her unstable and unfit and take her full time. Document everything she does.
    And my comment wasn't meant to be nasty, I'm just saying what I see.
    Anonymous

• Read what you wrote, it looks like you are saying your daughter is swearing because of her, it's kind of confusing.....just saying.
    Anonymous

• oh ok...well he has never called the cops cuz she does this with his daughter at hands...and the baby starts telling my husband plz don't call the police...this child is nerves and my husband does not want to hurt her by anything...

i said she uses the words now! my daughter! (as if its just her daughter not his) and a bunch of profanity...

iNk-FrEaK

Comment by iNk-FrEaK (original poster) at 10:59 PM on Oct. 29, 2010

• Sweety listen it seems that she is a bit nuts and wants to cause him problems and misery. As hard as it may be for your husband not to feed into her nonsense he has to try if he is going to communicate with her. If it is not about the needs of the daughter then once she starts some crap as rude as it may sound the best thing to do is hang the heck up once he politely says "I don't have time for this, have a nice day. As long as she knows that she is getting to him she is not going to stop. As far as her asking you to tell him to talk to her and respect for her and so forth let her know that he is your husband and not your child. You can't make him do anything. Besides, respect is not given it is earned! You know the saying to get respect you have to give respect. GL
    Cheveyo1

Answer by Cheveyo1 at 11:02 PM on Oct. 29, 2010