4cm dialated and thinned. OMG, can someone hep!

Okay, I had my 39 week appointment today and I was 3 cm at my 38 week apt now Im 4 cm and completely thinned. My doctor also strippd my membranes today!! AHH, im so ready for this baby to come. Im not feeling my contractions though, ( or i cnt distinguish them) I wish they would admit me to the hospital but im not in labor so they will not do so! And im having my baby in a military hospital they will NOT induce you until you are over 41 weeks unless there is a medical reason. AH how far longdo you think I have left!?

Armywifelovely

Asked by Armywifelovely at 10:51 PM on Oct. 29, 2010 in Pregnancy

• Sounds like you are one lucky women! When you do go into labor it might be very short! My last client was walking around at 5cm until her water broke and she only had a 3 hour labor!

Hang in there momma! You are doing great! And to be honest with you, you are lucky to have a hospital that actually seems to practice evidence based medicine. They are not needlessly putting you or your baby at risk by inducing early.
    Roadfamily6now

Answer by Roadfamily6now at 1:39 AM on Oct. 30, 2010

• I've been four cm for over a month with all of my kids. It really doesn't mean anything, Walk, have a lot of sex, and get rest while you can.
    lovinangels

Answer by lovinangels at 10:56 PM on Oct. 29, 2010

• that means absolutely nothing. I was 4-5 cm and 90% effaced for over four weeks with my first pregnancy, 3 weeks with my second. So you could go into labor tomorrow, or you could go 3 weeks from now. Either way, I definitely think you'll have the baby before Christmas. Don't worry mama, you'll be done soon :)
    MommaofH2

Answer by MommaofH2 at 10:53 PM on Oct. 29, 2010

• Sex and walking, sex and walking. Like these ladies have said, your cervix can be that way for weeks or months. Those checks don't mean a thing. Be glad they won't induce you without a medical reason- it's safer for the BABY that way. I know it's SO hard to be patient (plus all the physical stuff at this point), but it will be worth the wait! =) And like MommaofH2 said, you'll have this baby before Christmas, I promise! =)
    musicpisces

Answer by musicpisces at 11:26 PM on Oct. 29, 2010

• Well you have at least 2 weeks left obviously, lol. It shouldn't be too much longer hun. If you had your membranes stripped, get up and do some walking and some squats!! That's what helped me go into labor after having my membranes stripped.
    xxlilmomma09

Answer by xxlilmomma09 at 10:52 PM on Oct. 29, 2010

• Im the worst to know. i was 3cm and 85% since my 27th week with my first due to Incomptent cervix and I went till my 34wk when the doctor finally induced me because my dd got stressed. I was 4cm and complete but I wasn't having contractions just odd twinges in my vagina but he induced because dd was not happy inside any longer, I wouldn't be having my head squished in a pelvis either but ya know. He stripped my membranes in the office at 12 broke my water at 1 pm started pitocin at 2 and I got an epidural at 430, but 617pm I had a little girl :) All my girls were impatient and needed out way before their due dates so.....

Good luck ...
    walk walk walk walk walk walk walk ...... squats, sex, use all those Old Wifes Tales you hear!!!
    PreemieMom.2009

Answer by PreemieMom.2009 at 11:19 PM on Oct. 29, 2010

• going off of this and my experience you maybe have a day or less. with my first baby i went to the doc and i was 3cm at 37 weeks and he put me on bed rest and i had my baby the next day!!! i was kind of disappointed i didn't get my bed rest, hahahaha!
    Good Luck momma :)
    Ericha7

Answer by Ericha7 at 10:54 PM on Oct. 29, 2010

• When they stripped my membranes my water broke 24 hours later!! GL! it's gonna happen soon!
    randibosin

Answer by randibosin at 11:02 PM on Oct. 29, 2010

• I should add they stripped my membranes with every visit in my last month with both my pregnancies... stripping membranes didn't do anything for me either. My children are stubborn mules and neither of them wanted to come out LOL
    MommaofH2

Answer by MommaofH2 at 11:09 PM on Oct. 29, 2010

• The thing that worked the best for me was having a lot of sex. The sperm actually has things in it that if you are 4cm and complete will bring on labor. I also did a lot of squats with my kids because I didn't want to have to push too long and have a cone head baby, lol.....with all three I pushed twice. No cone heads. Yay! Don't worry - hunny....not too much longer
    Babylove76

Answer by Babylove76 at 11:26 PM on Oct. 29, 2010