Is my baby hot or cold????

i'm not sure how to know if baby is hot or cold.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:24 PM on Oct. 29, 2010 in Babies (0-12 months)

• I always felt my son's neck or back, because sometimes his hands and feet were cool but his body wasn't. Generally they should be dressed the same as us or in one extra layer. Remember to take extra layers off if you're coming in from outside. It's hard at first, but you'll get used to your baby's comfort level soon.
    pam19

Answer by pam19 at 11:33 PM on Oct. 29, 2010

• its tough sometimes...my DD sometimes has cold feet and hands but hot head and back...or sometimes her cheeks and forhead feel cool but the rest of her is warm...i think it takes them a while to regulate their own body temp...you baby would most likely complain if they were too far one way or the other tho...i always keep my DD's socks on her and if her upper arms feel cool in short sleeves then i put long sleeves on her but she cries when shes cold so i dont worry too much...you will know, trust your instincts : )
    mamagee1218

Answer by mamagee1218 at 11:30 PM on Oct. 29, 2010

• The Neck/Back is a good place to tell if they're too warm/cold. Because that is the place that is closest to the heart, so it's the more accurate place. Use your forearm and not your hand, as our hands and feet are furthest from the heart. Which means they're more inaccurate to test temprature. As they tend to be cooler then we actually are.
    JazzlikeMraz

Answer by JazzlikeMraz at 12:09 AM on Oct. 30, 2010

• I was always tod that the baby should have one thin layer more of clothing than the adult. So if you are wearing a long sleeved shirt the baby would have a thin sweater on also.
    elizabr

Answer by elizabr at 7:28 AM on Oct. 30, 2010

• tod=told
    elizabr