I took 1 Advil Cold & Sinus pill yesterday, can I give my daughter the milk I pumped yesterday?

AmberZoe

Asked by AmberZoe at 11:39 PM on Oct. 29, 2010 in Babies (0-12 months)

• is that with pseudo-ephedrine? I personally wouldn't, do you have a freezer stash you can dip into? But you should ask your doc, I don't know if it's safe or not.
    MommaofH2

Answer by MommaofH2 at 11:41 PM on Oct. 29, 2010

• It should say on the package if it is safe when breastfeeding. But I would hold off until you find out for sure. You can call the doc office and they will be able to let you know for sure. Or you can talk to a pharmisist if you go to walgreens or walmart.
    Anonymous

• Its 200mg of Ibuprofen and 30mg of Pseudoephedrine. My Pharmacist said it was ok, but I'm skeptical...I don't have an abundance of milk, so I hate to dump it. But, I don't want to give anything to my sweet girl that might harm her...
    AmberZoe

Comment by AmberZoe (original poster) at 11:47 PM on Oct. 29, 2010

• If you're skeptical then don't do it. I wouldn't chance it personally!
    randibosin

Answer by randibosin at 11:54 PM on Oct. 29, 2010

• It's fine.

http://toxnet.nlm.nih.gov/cgi-bin/sis/search/f?./temp/~taTbtd:1

http://toxnet.nlm.nih.gov/cgi-bin/sis/search/f?./temp/~LA3ct6:1

But for future reference, I wouldn't suggest taking anything with pseudophedrine, especially if you are exclusively pumping, as it can cause your milk supply to decrease
    kynziesmom

Answer by kynziesmom at 3:56 AM on Oct. 30, 2010

• Yes. Go ahead. The only concern with decongestants is that they MIGHT lower your supply.
    Krysta622

Answer by Krysta622 at 8:48 AM on Oct. 30, 2010

• Call your pharmacy and ask they will best be able to answer this one since they know more about how long different drugs stay in the system and what not
    AprylnAtticus

Answer by AprylnAtticus at 11:13 AM on Oct. 30, 2010

• Your milk is fine. The only problem with the pseudoephedrine is that it can decrease your milk supply.
    maggiemom2000

Answer by maggiemom2000 at 3:12 PM on Oct. 30, 2010