Baby number 4

Iam a mom of 3 girls ages 5 4 and 2. after my last baby was born I had my tubes tied ( the dr my husband and family all wanted this) Ion the other hand did not . My husband thinks we shoulndt have anymore children due to our finacal sitiation. And I total understand but when we get our heads obove water I would like to get my tubes untied and try for baby number 4. This has been a big arugement for us. I never wanted my tubes tied I did it for him and everyone eals is this my choice our choice or am I just being silly . Iam very happy with my girls but would love a boy! what do you think?

tskmom83

Asked by tskmom83 at 11:40 PM on Oct. 29, 2010 in Pregnancy

• It may not be up to you... from what I understand it can be difficult to reverse the procedure.
    Personally I wouldn't be trying to have another child if I knew for sure we couldn't afford one. Granted, you can never really be ready for baby...
    MommaofH2

Answer by MommaofH2 at 11:43 PM on Oct. 29, 2010

• Well.....it's really a moot point now, but IMO you shouldn't have done it. YOU should have wanted it. It is YOUR body and you should not do anything that you don't want to do. You could have taken bc pills, tried Morena or other long-term contraceptive, or other birth control without making it permanent if it wasn't what YOU wanted. You can't do things like that for other people because YOUR mental health and your well-being are what is important. If he didn't want another child and you did, the least you should have done was talked about other forms of birth control. I"m sorry you are having 2nd thoughts. Maybe you could look into adoption when/if the time is ever right? Good luck with whatever you decide.
    mama2000_1

Answer by mama2000_1 at 11:44 PM on Oct. 29, 2010

• What if you had another girl?
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:19 AM on Oct. 30, 2010

• I would love to have another baby some day. I have 3 boys .7,6,3 i had my tubes tied after my last and i regret doing it but i thought i was done. I would love to have a little girl someday, but i dont see that happening cause my doctor said with out insurance covering in its gonna cost 7,000.
    ashes331

Answer by ashes331 at 1:10 PM on Oct. 30, 2010