What's the purpose of cold cream?

Mrs.BAT

Asked by Mrs.BAT at 11:54 PM on Oct. 29, 2010 in Beauty & Style

• I use it to remove waterproof mascara
    fryshannon34

Answer by fryshannon34 at 8:08 PM on Oct. 30, 2010

• removing makeup and moisturizing skin i thought. thats how all those ladies look sooo young. take the makeup off every night.
    stepho345

Answer by stepho345 at 11:59 PM on Oct. 29, 2010

• I use for removing make-up
    4theloveofTink

Answer by 4theloveofTink at 11:56 PM on Oct. 29, 2010

• I like to think to smooth away wrinkles or to prevent them and of course all of the above what was mentioned.
    Butterfly1108

Answer by Butterfly1108 at 12:03 AM on Oct. 30, 2010

• As a teenager, it's supposed to help prevent acne, and as you get older it's supposed to help keep skin firm and prevent wrinkles. I'm sure you've used it before (or at least, I know all my friends and I did when we were teenagers) as Noxema... but there are various brands available. It usually is creamy, thick, and white, and because of the oils used in it to help moisturize the skin it does aid in the removal of make up. And unlike a previous poster said, it's not from the '80s lol... it's been around since my grandmother was a teenager, if not longer
    prinzesstephi

Answer by prinzesstephi at 12:08 AM on Oct. 30, 2010

• Take make up off and cleans the face
    HomeAlone45

Answer by HomeAlone45 at 9:06 AM on Oct. 30, 2010

• Is it better than eye makeup remover or olive oil? Is it cheaper? I know my mom tried to give me some when I was like 17 or 18, but I had no idea what it was and asked her and she said, "I don't know, I thought you would, though."
    Mrs.BAT

Comment by Mrs.BAT (original poster) at 12:02 AM on Oct. 30, 2010

• Do they still even make it?!?!? I don't think it's better than other makeup removers. I think it's from the 80's and it's probably pretty outdated. If you just go to the face wash/make up removal section of any store you could probably find something pretty good.
    emilex

Answer by emilex at 12:04 AM on Oct. 30, 2010

• Oh yeah, they still make it. I saw some at Walmart the other day (Ponds, maybe?) when I was buying a new face wash and moisturizer and I've been thinking about it tonight. I use face wash and moisturizer to remove makeup (works better for me than eye makeup remover because of the 5 or 6 kinds I've tried, all have irritated my eyes and face really bad).
    Mrs.BAT

Comment by Mrs.BAT (original poster) at 12:08 AM on Oct. 30, 2010

• I had no idea Noxema was considered cold cream lol. I never thought about that. I loved that stuff before I got acne breakouts regularly (it made mine worse every time I used it after that).
    Mrs.BAT

Comment by Mrs.BAT (original poster) at 12:12 AM on Oct. 30, 2010