Swelling on my ankles wont go down, what to do?

im pregnant with twins. and i have elevated my feet and soaked them. and they are still swollen. what do i do? is that bad?

mauricellaf

Asked by mauricellaf at 1:13 AM on Oct. 30, 2010 in Pregnancy

• Keep them elevated. My feet didn't swell until after delivery, but I know it's awful. Mine lasted about a week. Talk with your Dr. if ever feeling concerned. Good luck! Twins would be so fun! :)
    Sharell8710

Answer by Sharell8710 at 1:15 AM on Oct. 30, 2010

• If you keep your feet elevated (remember your feet has to be higher than your heart) keep elevated for over 3 hours. and the swelling doesnt go don at all it could be a sign ofpreeclampsia. I would try elevating them for at least 3 hours just like I said and if the swelling doesnt go down call your doctor!
    Armywifelovely

Answer by Armywifelovely at 1:44 AM on Oct. 30, 2010

• call your Dr if you are that worried, but my ankles start swelling about 6.5 months, and that crap doesnt go away until a week after i deliver. Crap I hate that part if its summer! atleast this time I can hide behind my pants! lol
    LuvMyMedic3ID

Answer by LuvMyMedic3ID at 7:29 AM on Oct. 30, 2010

• it's not bad, it's normal for the feet to swell during your pregnancy. what worked for me was cut off all salt in my diet and soak your feet in warm water with Epsom Salt..it's very relieving! and dont forget to do your 30 -60 min. walks a day. i hope this helps!! **Take Care**
    joymoon87

Answer by joymoon87 at 8:41 AM on Oct. 30, 2010