Can you actually help baby be smarter in the womb?

ive heard of reading and talking to them, is there anything else i can do before they arrive?

mauricellaf

Asked by mauricellaf at 1:22 AM on Oct. 30, 2010 in Pregnancy

• Play music, different genres. I swear my son came out tapping his toes! lol. Now he's pretty musical and an awesome dancer! lol
    Sharell8710

Answer by Sharell8710 at 1:27 AM on Oct. 30, 2010

• Just by your own physical and mental health.
    And this translates into your many years of Motherhood ahead, too!
    :-D

Genius babies do not come from their parents doing something, in fact it might be the opposite.
    Take time to literally notice every detail together.
    Go *slower.*
    Don't push or have Grande expectations.

This baby is going to be who ever they are, nurture this person from their heart, out.

:-)
    doulala

Answer by doulala at 1:57 AM on Oct. 30, 2010

• Classical music and all of that won't necessarily make your baby smarter, but reading to the belly is a great way to bond and start a habit that will definitely help once Baby is out of the womb. The only thing I can think of that might help is taking fish oil supplements. The EPA/DHA/ALA (omega-3 fatty acids) are great for brain development, and good for general health and for disease prevention.
    I agree with doulala. The best thing you can do is nurture your child for who he/ she is. Help him/her foster what they love and what they're good at, and help them overcome challenges in life.
    musicpisces

Answer by musicpisces at 3:49 AM on Oct. 30, 2010