Have you ever seen a mom do something so stupid you are

just like what the hell possesed them to do that? like... Put their kid on a leash or leave there kid alone in a house or not celabrating hollidays or do drugs when their kid is home. Just crap like that. or like this idiot who took her kid to the hopsital to get a scratch checked out? What is wrong with mothers theses days. I am 40 and have 3 kids and NEVER did this shit with them and they turned out fine. Any one see someone do stupid crap and your just like...why? Anything

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:48 PM on Oct. 30, 2008 in General Parenting

• I don't agree that the leash thing is stupid, I've used it, and still do when I take my neice, nephew or grandkids to say a parade where it's crowded it gives them a little freedom and still keeps them safe and by my side.

But as for the other stuff, oh yeah, i agree with you. Sometimes I just want to slap the mother and BTW i just turned 42
    Wolfmother

Answer by Wolfmother at 10:52 PM on Oct. 30, 2008

• well, I don't think putting your kid on a leash is stupid, I haven't done it myself, but I can see the need. Some people don't celebrate holidays for religious reasons. I think you're being rude
    heatherann0221

Answer by heatherann0221 at 10:53 PM on Oct. 30, 2008

• oh. =(
    SexxyMomma26

Answer by SexxyMomma26 at 10:55 PM on Oct. 30, 2008

• leaving YOUNG children home alone and doing drugs are clearly signs of stupidity in my opinion.

Not celebrating holidays can actually be because of religious believes and just because I don't share those beliefs it doesn't mean they are stupid.

Kids on leashes.... NOT something that I would do, but I've have some relatives that do it and for them it makes perfect sense and I don't have an issue with it. Again not something I agree with, but really it's no different then insisting that the child holds your hand the whole time.
    SAHMinIL

Answer by SAHMinIL at 10:56 PM on Oct. 30, 2008

• its the real world things like that happen
    Anonymous

• Leash- came in handy when we took 2 year old to Disney World. I sure as hell wasn't about to let someone have the opportunity to walk off with my child.

Holidays- what makes that stupid? It's their belief to not celebrate it!

There is nothing wrong with getting your child checked out for injuries.

kid alone in the house (depending on age, if they are young then yes) and drugs yes those are stupid to do and ILLEGAL.
    flutterfae

Answer by flutterfae at 10:57 PM on Oct. 30, 2008

• Those were just examples. I just saw that post about that mom that took her kid into the hospital for a little blood and just though "What the hell go though these young moms heads!"
    Anonymous

• I once saw a woman beat the shit out of her daughter in the Wal-Mart parking lot. Granted, her daughter was screaming and crying, but I don't think ANYTHING warrants the beating her mom gave her. Her mom was screaming just as loud as her daughter, telling her to "SHUT THE HELL UP!" and just wailing on her butt. I really wanted to say something...but it wasn't my place :(
    caitxrawks

Answer by caitxrawks at 10:58 PM on Oct. 30, 2008

• HUUUUUUUGE one that bothers me.. I DON'T CARE IF PEOPLE SMOKE, THAT'S THEIR DECISION.. but when I see a mother holding an infant in one arm, and smoking with the other.. hahaha.. how STUPID can they get? I've seen this on more than one occasion. Disgusting.
    anestheticsex

Answer by anestheticsex at 10:58 PM on Oct. 30, 2008

• Ok I put my son on a a harness leash when he was around a year for his own safety, he was constantly running away and I was afraid he would either get hurt, run off or somebody would grab him. They are obviously sold for a reason. I agree some parents don't do the smartest things but you know what, you don't necessarily know the whole story.
    teddybear515

Answer by teddybear515 at 10:58 PM on Oct. 30, 2008