• In the Spotlight:

grr due date gone!! stressed out but getting an induction did anyone have one?

so today was my due date but he still isnt here and im only 1 cm dialted from 2 weeks ago. doctor said i have a narrow pelvis.. thanks mom and has scheduled me for an induction tommorow. im scared!! what happens with the induction and what in the world is an enema? thanks

saraelf

Asked by saraelf at 10:49 PM on Oct. 30, 2008 in Pregnancy

• Well with me they just inserted a pill into the vagina and hope you start having contractions....it sucks because where I go to the hospital at..they had me their at 6 am and i didn't have him until 8:28 pm and the whole time i couldn't get up and walk around or anything..couldn't eat or drink incase something goes wrong and u have to have a c section or whatever but yeah well least u get to see ur baby 2morrow always look at that..good luck..it's not bad at all!
    Anonymous

• I was eleven days overdue, but I didn't have to be induced...she finally came on her own (sort of...she ended up being born via emergency C-Section).
    sophiafarris

Answer by sophiafarris at 10:52 PM on Oct. 30, 2008

• why don't you wait a little longer? It's normal for some pregnancies to go over. I wouldn't induce until I got to 42 weeks.
    mrseum

Answer by mrseum at 10:52 PM on Oct. 30, 2008

• AN ENEMA IS ACTUALLY GOOD THEY WILL PUT IT IN UR BUTT (PROBLY TMI) AND IT TAKES ALL THE POOP OUT THEY DID THAT 2 ME WHEN THEY INDUCED ME WITH MY 1ST PREG CUZ I HAD BEEN CONSTIPATED AND WHEN THEY INDUCE U THEY WILL PUT PITOCIN IN UR IV AND THAT WILL PUT U IN LABOR SOMETIMES THEY GV U CERVIDIL 2 SOFTEN UR CERVIX BUT I DNDNT HAVE THAT DONE I THINK IT IS MORE PAINFUL WHEN THEY INDUCE U ATLEAST 4 ME IT WAS BUT U WILL BE OKAY GOOD LUCK AND LET US KNOW HOW MUCH THE BABY WEIGHS
    kim2316

Answer by kim2316 at 10:54 PM on Oct. 30, 2008

• I was induced with all three of my labors. I've heard being induced makes you labor harder, but I don't know anything else! My three labors ran the gamut on birthing experiences. I had one I considered very easy, one that was pretty hard, and one somewhere in between! Just take it one contraction at a time and tell yourself, with each one, you are that much closer to seeing your beautiful baby!
    Mishelly728

Answer by Mishelly728 at 10:57 PM on Oct. 30, 2008

• I would cancel and wait it out. You can be up to 42 weeks. If your body is ready, then it's not time. These doctors tend to think they are GOD. But WRONG, it is fine & doesn't hurt getting induced, but if I had to do it again I would go natural.
    I had no choice with my third, and he was the easist, no tearing, and fast healing. (no drugs either) My other two I was induced. (by choice & sitution) But they only put me on potasium, never gave me a enmy. (whatever that is) lol
    Good Luck
    racingmomma

Answer by racingmomma at 10:58 PM on Oct. 30, 2008

• If your body IS NOT ready.....SORRY
    racingmomma

Answer by racingmomma at 10:59 PM on Oct. 30, 2008

• ask the doctor if you could wait a little longer, I was induced with my first child, didn't like the enema, however, does clean out your colon, we almost always had them years ago, I'm talking about 30, or so, anyway I was late with my second child, 2 weels. delivery was much easier, went natural , it was so much easier.
    Anonymous

• well she wants to induce me because of the fact that he has been head down for almost 2 months and is still barely 1 cm dialated and that i have a small pelvis. she doesnt wanna risk letting it come naturaly since i havent had any real contractions.
    saraelf

Answer by saraelf at 11:00 PM on Oct. 30, 2008

• I think I'm against inductions after I had mine. Unless the baby is getting too big or something. They had to dilate me with medication and it hurt like hell! It hurt worse than the pushing. Pitocin makes your contractions waaaay worse than natural contractions, and when I got my first contraction, it lasted 19 minutes and it was the worst pain of my life. It was hell. An enema fills your intestines with water, dissolving your poop, and then you run to the bathroom, fuller than you've ever felt in your life, and then you squirt it all out so you don't poop on the delivery table. It sucked! But looking bad, it all wasn't so bad. You'll do fine!
    orangeorbie

Answer by orangeorbie at 11:37 PM on Oct. 30, 2008