Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

2 Bumps

Im trying to move to sicily to be with my husband who is stationed there....where do i begin?

i just applied for my and my 3 childrens visas, and am waiting on papers to go thru the health screenings, but there is so many things to consider and do. Where do i start?


Asked by 3hugsandkisses at 2:19 AM on Oct. 30, 2010 in Travel

Level 9 (320 Credits)
This question is closed.
Answers (7)
  • As far as schools go, you can contact Michele Gilbert. She is the School Liaison Officer. The contact info and more info about the schools is located on this website- As for everything else, you can find info about the area, preparing to move, what you need, housing, info about cars, services, and things on base at this website- Good Luck!


    Answer by JeremysMom at 7:30 AM on Oct. 31, 2010

  • Once you have the paper orders with your name on them you have a little more leverage, when you have those go to your family support center where you are now and talk to someone there, they can help you figure out what needs done and get everything in order. I know how stressful it is to move by yourself with the kiddos...sooo take a deep breath and relax...unfortunately with the military it is always hurry up and wait. You will feel much better once you have a plan and know what to expect.

    Answer by foxracing43701 at 2:48 AM on Oct. 30, 2010

  • If he is in the military and stationed there then the military should move you there with him. I would have him look into that on his end because the spouse can not do any of that stuff. Good luck and have fun out there!!

    Answer by Shelii at 2:22 AM on Oct. 30, 2010

  • Most of the time when overseas you either have to live on the base or they have to inspect the housing that you choose. Depending on the area there will either be schools on base or if it is an english speaking country they *may* be able to attend a local school. Your husband will have to take care of most of the arrangements at the base there and then they should give him instructions for you and orders that include you and the kids so you can get the ball rolling on your end. Once you get there go to the family support center on base to find out what things are available to you.

    Answer by foxracing43701 at 2:39 AM on Oct. 30, 2010

  • the military is going to move us but i dont know who to get in touch with about htings like school for me and my kids, programs available, things to know about the area ect.

    Comment by 3hugsandkisses (original poster) at 2:27 AM on Oct. 30, 2010

  • thank you...i guess i just need to stay on him until he hets done what he needs to get done. thats the issue i run into mostly is....your spopuse has this or has to do that nefore you can do this and that

    Comment by 3hugsandkisses (original poster) at 2:43 AM on Oct. 30, 2010

  • okay....deep breathing commensed!!!!!!

    Comment by 3hugsandkisses (original poster) at 2:59 AM on Oct. 30, 2010