what is it that makes you afraid of birth?

Roadfamily6now

Asked by Roadfamily6now at 2:23 AM on Oct. 30, 2010 in Pregnancy

• The only thing that I'm afraid of is getting pregnant again while I'm living in VA because assisted home births are illegal here. My hospital birth experience has pretty much scarred me. It was horrible. I refuse to give birth in a hospital again unless it's an emergency.
    Mrs.BAT

Answer by Mrs.BAT at 2:27 AM on Oct. 30, 2010

• I was afraid of the pain...and that I might need a c-section...and go figure...thats what i needed lol
    Shelii

Answer by Shelii at 2:28 AM on Oct. 30, 2010

• I'm not, I love birth =)
    dedicatedrider

Answer by dedicatedrider at 2:28 AM on Oct. 30, 2010

• I was also afraid of the pain (and rightfully so)! Although having a c-sec, never scared me.
    truthteller0722

Answer by truthteller0722 at 2:37 AM on Oct. 30, 2010

• Lack of control.

The unknown.

doulala

Answer by doulala at 2:49 AM on Oct. 30, 2010

• OMG , im totally scared only to think abt it
    caramelH

Answer by caramelH at 2:59 AM on Oct. 30, 2010

• For me, it's having it go as terribly wrong as it did last time. I'm SO grateful that my son and I are fine ultimately, but my birth experience left me depressed and in mourning for a long time. I imagined an uncomplicated natural birth, and ended up with every intervention under the sun followed by a c-section. I really hope I can have a VBAC next time. There's no way DH will let me have the home birth I dream of after that, so at least a birth center would be nice, but I think he's going to push for a hospital again, much to my dismay.
    musicpisces

Answer by musicpisces at 3:36 AM on Oct. 30, 2010

• I don't get afraid of birth I get afraid of being pregnant again
    portlandia

Answer by portlandia at 3:55 AM on Oct. 30, 2010

• The only thing that scares me is if the umbilical cord will be wrapped around the neck or any health complications
    ladyambition

Answer by ladyambition at 6:24 AM on Oct. 30, 2010

• Pain, pain, and lesse.. pain! I have always been a wuss when it comes to pain. Before I was pregnant, I was terrified of needles. I have gotten better with them obviously because there's a lot of poking in pregnancy but I still cringe with the thought. BUT I will be getting an epi!! My thoughts are labor will be so painful, that needle is not going to mean anything but sweet relief.
    Anna-Chubaby

Answer by Anna-Chubaby at 6:30 AM on Oct. 30, 2010