Grrr. The infection came back!

So about a month and a half ago, I got an infection in my arm I saw my family dr. and she put me on meds for it. She said it was just folliculitous. (which is a bacterial infection caused by staph that surrounds you hair follicle) It started to get really bad about three weeks ago so I had to have my arm drained. Well, Tuesday night, I noticed a spot on my arm and overnight it got huge. I went and saw my dr. today and the infection is back!! I am on MORE medication, my dr. said the cultures were not MRSA, but it isnt responding to the amoxicillin. Has anyone had to deal with a recurring infection? Anyone have or had folliculitus? Is there anything I can do from preventing it?

BabyBugsmama

Asked by BabyBugsmama at 10:58 PM on Oct. 30, 2008 in Health

• I have, had it, very painful, scrubbing the area with anti-bacterial soap for 30 seconds, echenacea and goldenseal ( natural antibiotics) if it comes back try squeezing it and cleaning it out while it's small. Seems to help mine.

Good Luck
    Wolfmother

Answer by Wolfmother at 11:05 PM on Oct. 30, 2008

• My son had that type of infection. Like the pp said, wash it with antibacterial soap several times a day.
    robinann5

Answer by robinann5 at 11:11 PM on Oct. 30, 2008