What would be your dream location to give birth? (assuming no medical complications)

Roadfamily6now

Asked by Roadfamily6now at 2:45 AM on Oct. 30, 2010 in Pregnancy

• The middle of my nice, big living room in our home that we actually own, with a kick ass midwife, my husband, my daughter, and one or two close friends present. In a birthing pool.
    Mrs.BAT

Answer by Mrs.BAT at 2:49 AM on Oct. 30, 2010

• Maybe in a piney forest in lovely summery weather. A kiddie pool with tepid water and my favorite people and family around... maybe like a camping trip!!
    lol!
    doulala

Answer by doulala at 2:50 AM on Oct. 30, 2010

• I almost got that with my youngest. I was in the kitchen in the pool with dh watching the boys in the living room and keeping an eye on my and offering water between ctx. The only thing I would have changed was the temp of the water. It was a little cold. The hard, rough straw from my son's drink cup in room temp tap water was perfect for me at that time. I think the cooler water startled my dd a little when she came out. I always had fantasized about a solo birth, but dh was perfect.
    NinjaMomma

Answer by NinjaMomma at 2:52 AM on Oct. 30, 2010

• I was going to say the same thing as MrsBAT. I would LOVE to have a home birth, or at least a water birth. My first labor was so complicated that DH and I worry about the next one. If #2 goes well, I'm fighting for a home birth for #3!
    musicpisces

Answer by musicpisces at 3:14 AM on Oct. 30, 2010

• A home birth.
    Ginger0104

Answer by Ginger0104 at 3:42 AM on Oct. 30, 2010

• I would love to have a water birth myself
    portlandia

Answer by portlandia at 3:52 AM on Oct. 30, 2010

• If I didn't have any complications I would want to have a home birth or water birth.
    ladyambition

Answer by ladyambition at 6:32 AM on Oct. 30, 2010

• I have always wanted to try a water birth, or at a nice resort, so i still get room service with out all the checking BP and pushing on my stomach
    kileighsmommie

Answer by kileighsmommie at 7:52 AM on Oct. 30, 2010

• At home
    Cassandre

Answer by Cassandre at 9:06 AM on Oct. 30, 2010

• In all honesty, I've never desired to have a birth anywhere but the hospital. I wouldn't want to give birth in my home because I would be concerned with how clean it is and the dealing with cleaning up afterwards. I would rather just stay in a hospital and not have to worry about all the other stuff. I guess I'm weird.
    Ash9724

Answer by Ash9724 at 11:16 PM on Oct. 30, 2010