Does this happen to your kid?

Does anyone deal with their kid being 2nd best on another friends list? My dd got a call to take the place of another friend who her friend is upset with cuz she did her wrong. It's like she isn't asked to do things as much as 'she' asks them to get together. Is it just us or does this kind of thing go on w/others and why?? It's kinda sad.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 3:00 AM on Oct. 30, 2010 in General Parenting

• My kids aren't old enough yet, but I'm sure it happens all the time.
    sherribeare

Answer by sherribeare at 3:02 AM on Oct. 30, 2010

• my daughter does that with the bus. Its sort of a circle though... she asks her friend to sit with her on the bus and this boy asks my daughter to sit with her. My daughter tells the boy if she doesn't sit by her other friend she will. I think we all have someone we would prefer to spend our time with.
    seturkey

Answer by seturkey at 3:11 AM on Oct. 30, 2010

• I think it's common. Kids are really confused about the right way to handle relationships and friendships. Girls are really fickle too. I think back when i was a tween, and know I made some mistakes with some friends, maybe should have been kinder to some than I was. The kid on the receiving end should be reassured that it isn't their fault, and whoeve is doing them wrong, probably hasn't emotionally developed enough yet to do all their social relationships right yet.
    tucson.mary

Answer by tucson.mary at 6:11 AM on Oct. 30, 2010

• its a kid thing. not saying its right and i'd teach my children others feeling are just as important as your own.
    lillie70

Answer by lillie70 at 12:55 PM on Oct. 30, 2010