A question for those die-hard Pro-Choicers. adult content

I am not pro choice, except in the instance where an abortion is necessary to protect the life of the mother (Then, I feel, it's a case of having something similar to a diseased body part that needs to be removed. If the mother is likely to die then the baby is likely to and it would be futile to carry on). Or in cases of Twin-To-Twin syndrome where the survival of one baby is unlikely)

I have my reasons for being against abortions that aren't for good medical reasons. I've stated my reasons several times and said that they apply only to ME because of MY experiences.

Why is it then, that the pro-choices who have clearly had abortions themselves feel the need to say that I have no idea what I'm talking about because I can't possibly have been in the position to have to make the choice. Why not? Cause if I had been I'd have aborted like they "had to"? (Continued below)

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 3:02 AM on Oct. 30, 2010 in Parenting Debate

• It's not that you are anti, it's that you are pro choice who is choosing not to herself. Explain it that way. GL!
    DonnaPinitonya

Answer by DonnaPinitonya at 5:01 AM on Oct. 30, 2010

• For some people who have to make that choice, abortion is not an option. I assume for you, this is the case. But every woman has the right to decide what's best for her, her life and her body. Regardless of your personal feelings about abortions, or for that matter, the law, they will happen. At least right now they are a safe procedure (compared to a coat hanger), and can be done under medical supervision without a doctor fearing imprisonment for performing an abortion. I wouldn't be quick to judge a woman who has to make that decision, as few women take that decision lightly. Admittedly, some do, and they make many pro-choice advocates angry, too, but there will always be those.
    musicpisces

Answer by musicpisces at 3:11 AM on Oct. 30, 2010

• Pro-choice. Never had an abortion. I am pro-choice b/c I am not comfortable the govt deciding reproductive choices for me. We had that before Roe v Wade and we see how that worked out. Not good. Especially when you had to get permission to go on BC from your husband.
    Mom2Just1

Answer by Mom2Just1 at 9:09 PM on Oct. 30, 2010

• Why is it then, that the pro-choices who have clearly had abortions themselves feel the need to say that I have no idea what I'm talking about because I can't possibly have been in the position to have to make the choice. Why not? Cause if I had been I'd have aborted like they "had to"?
    -------------------------------
    why do you say that Pro-choicers have clearly had abortions themselves? There are millions of us who have never had abortions but we are still PRO-CHOICE. I don't think you are understanding this issue at all.
    kerp1960

Answer by kerp1960 at 5:18 PM on Oct. 30, 2010

• That's the thing. I'm always told right away that I'm judging others because of the choices I have made for myself. The way I see it- It's not illegal, it IS your body and you can do what you want with it. I won't judge you for it. But my opposing view is always taken as an instant insult.
    CaledonianCutie

Answer by CaledonianCutie at 3:16 AM on Oct. 30, 2010

• You seem like you ARE pro choice OP. Many pro choicers would NEVER abort, no matter what. They still feel ANOTHER has the right to choose.

KairisMama

Answer by KairisMama at 12:08 PM on Oct. 30, 2010

• It sounds like you are pro-choice. I have never had an abortion (and don't think I ever would unless my life was in danger or some unusual circumstance), but I still believe every woman has a right to decide for herself. I think everyone has a right to decide no matter what they're own experience has been with it.
    pam19

Answer by pam19 at 12:45 PM on Oct. 30, 2010

• So why does Your descision... means you get to decide for everyone else??

You get to choose... same as everyone else.... What makes you so special that you can choose for every other woman?
    Piskie

Answer by Piskie at 12:50 PM on Oct. 30, 2010

• I am pro-choice, and I have never had an abortion, and I have never been in a situation where I had an unwanted pregnancy or a need to make that choice one way or the other. I can't tell another woman what to do and wouldn't. Who knows what we would do in every situation? We can't walk in another woman's shoes, and no one should try to make that decision for someone else.
    JulieJacobKyle

Answer by JulieJacobKyle at 1:43 PM on Oct. 30, 2010

• I am pro-choice, and I would never tell any woman what she can or cannot do with her body.
    Roadfamily6now

Answer by Roadfamily6now at 2:51 PM on Oct. 30, 2010