do u ever want to get in touch with an old BF , while been married ?

is that bad ?

caramelH

Asked by caramelH at 3:56 AM on Oct. 30, 2010 in Relationships

• Hell no. Exes are exes for a reason. There is absolutely no reason to get in touch with an old flame unless you want to cause problems in your marriage.
    I don't have ANY exes on facebook, don't talk to any in real life, neither does my DH
    MommaofH2

Answer by MommaofH2 at 8:08 AM on Oct. 30, 2010

• Yeah and it didn't turn out well husband got jealous and forbid me to talk to the other guy again.
    portlandia

Answer by portlandia at 3:59 AM on Oct. 30, 2010

• in my opinion i think it is --- when my husband and i got married 3 years ago hes ex gf would keep calling him and looking for him he did let me know but there was a few times when he didnt and i found out by other people eaven worse right -- i woundnt like my husband keeping in touch with any of hes ex gf but is just how you see it --- just ask yourself this question--- would you mind if your husband keeps in touch with hes ex gf??
    Genesis29

Answer by Genesis29 at 4:33 AM on Oct. 30, 2010

• as salamu alaikum sis... umm you ok?
    Aasiyah

Answer by Aasiyah at 5:34 AM on Oct. 30, 2010

• yeah and it was bad idea. Started off okay, we'd email each other, but over time I Learned he'd turned into a bit of a mean person over the years and a user. After awhile I subtlely cut him off, writing less and less and saying less and less when I did write until he was just gone again. And he'll stay that way. I'll just remember the good times.
    Zoeyis

Answer by Zoeyis at 6:23 AM on Oct. 30, 2010

• I think it depends on your intentions. I haven't initiated contact with anyone I used to date since getting married. But a couple have contacted me, and I keep in touch with a couple of exes, and I've always been very upfront about it with DH. The same goes both ways. He still talks to his ex wife and is on FB with a couple of girls he used to date. I think as long as there's nothing to hide, it doesn't have to be a big deal.
    musicpisces

Answer by musicpisces at 4:07 AM on Oct. 30, 2010

• I actually was thinking about that the other day. Most of all he pops into my mind every now and again. Most of all because of how I let him down back then. Not too gentle that was and I think I still owe him an appology.
    I doubt my husband would mind.
    BeachMom81

Answer by BeachMom81 at 4:19 AM on Oct. 30, 2010

• I have been in contact with an x-husband a couple of times. The last time was to tell him that my baby sister had passed away from the same disease that his mother did. We sit and talk about alittle bit of everything. My husband really isn't the jealous type, I have never given him any reason to be. This x-husband has always had a special place in my heart and he always will, I think I have told that to my present husband a couple of times. When we got divorced, it was for stupid reasons to begin with, but I thought that was what he wanted and he thought that was what I wanted and neither one of us said anything! I don't see anything wrong with it really. It is not like I am meeting up with him or anything, besides, we live 2500 miles apart.
    yomomma1A

Answer by yomomma1A at 5:54 AM on Oct. 30, 2010

• I think it depends on the situation and how honest you are with your hubby. I got in touch with my highschool bf because he had always been a really good friend over the years and even though it had been awhile since we had last talked I wanted to talk to him. I told my SO and he was fine with it. I allowed him to look at messages and be there if we were chatting it is totally harmless. It was only on facebook and we are facebook friends and after a while we talk less and less. Now any other "boyfriend" Ive had i wouldnt want to get back in touch with because we were only together for "one reason" so those people i would not contact again anyway.
    Shani527

Answer by Shani527 at 6:17 AM on Oct. 30, 2010

• I do not think it is a bad thing to want to get in touch and see how that EX is doing in their life. As long as it ends there.

Answer by louise2 at 7:23 AM on Oct. 30, 2010