Do you trick-or-treat?

And if you do, do you only trick-or-treat at family, friends, and neighbors houses, or do you take your kids around the entire neighborhood? When I was a kid, we did the whole neighborhood, and here I think I would be alright with it, but in a city I think I would be worried!

prinzesstephi

Asked by prinzesstephi at 4:18 AM on Oct. 30, 2010 in Holidays

• This will be DS's first year trick or treating. We actually picked up a thing at Toys R Us to Trick Or Treat for UNICEF, so hopefully we'll get more donations than candy. He's only 2, so he doesn't eat much candy, and we don't need it around the house. Plus, we try to teach him to be giving and donating to UNICEF is a good message for him. We nomally would go around the neighborhood, but this year, we're going to a friend's house for a birthday party, so all the kids will trick or treat at their place.
    musicpisces

Answer by musicpisces at 4:40 AM on Oct. 30, 2010

• normally yes, this year no.
    I was taking a cooking class on thursdays, or whatever reason it was switched to friday. and our community did their festivities on friday.. so I took my DS to the halloween carnival, then he had to go to the sitter.
    cassie_kellison

Answer by cassie_kellison at 5:03 AM on Oct. 30, 2010

• It's safest to only go to the block you are familiar with. Try the Park Districk, area museums, malls, and churches for other really fun and safe alternatives.
    tucson.mary

Answer by tucson.mary at 5:51 AM on Oct. 30, 2010

• I take my granddaughter trick or treating. We go to friends houses and then we would go around the entire neighborhood or as long as she and I feel like walking! I don't really care for her to have to much candy either but I will do the same thing with her this year that I did with her mom in regards to the candy. Her mom was hyperactive so I would get some type of jat with a screw on lid and we would go thru their candy to check it. Then we would put all of their candy in a jar and then every day or every other day, I would let them pick one piece of candy. Sometimes they had gotten enough candy to last them the entire year!!! Good Luck, Be Careful and Have Fun!!
    yomomma1A

Answer by yomomma1A at 6:02 AM on Oct. 30, 2010

• We lived in apartments so we traveled to a neighborhood near by and did it until they got tired. As a kid, Id go all around my neighborhood with my friends. I had to check in once and be home at a certain time.
    Shani527

Answer by Shani527 at 6:07 AM on Oct. 30, 2010

• We do, just in our own little neighborhood!
    Gaccck

Answer by Gaccck at 9:11 AM on Oct. 30, 2010

• I take my sons arounf the neighborhood

honesty33

Answer by honesty33 at 9:54 AM on Oct. 30, 2010

• we go to the trunk or treat and they can walk around as many times as they want between 6pm-8pm
    chica679

Answer by chica679 at 10:48 AM on Oct. 30, 2010

• WE hit every house in the neighborhood.
    KairisMama

Answer by KairisMama at 12:22 PM on Oct. 30, 2010

• We live out in the country so we Trick or Treat with our car. We go to some family, friends and the neighbors. It's hard to get the kids in and out of the car (car seats) but we don't have to make as many stops and they have plenty of candy and other things.
    Trinitysmom1205

Answer by Trinitysmom1205 at 12:49 PM on Oct. 30, 2010