Share your tips!

what are some of your "Suzie Homemaker" tips? For example, we put electrical tape around the bottom of shaving cream and room spray cans that leave rust rings. We also date everything inthe fridge so we know how long everything's been open and in there. We use tape for the containers of leftovers.

musicpisces

Asked by musicpisces at 4:35 AM on Oct. 30, 2010 in Home & Garden

• I love FlyLady!! She's the best. All her tips and help are free. And it's good, practical, useful help.

When I'm having a no good, very bad day, I set my timer for 15 minutes and do something that needs to be done (clean the kitchen, fold the laundry, sweep, whatever). I'm always impressed with how much I can accomplish in 15 minutes. I don't race through that time, just move at my normal pace and still get so much done.

And, yes, that's a FlyLady thing. :)
    May-20

Answer by May-20 at 7:31 AM on Oct. 31, 2010

• I used this sit called FlyLady when I fist moved into our new house. They have tons of tips.
    Jenandrylee

Answer by Jenandrylee at 1:48 PM on Oct. 30, 2010

• I used to keep the wripe containers when my girls were little and put their crayons in them or their toys that had little parts. I now save big ice cream containers that I get at Sams Club to put my cup cake liners in to keep them all in one place. I also used Nestle Chocolate containers (big ones from Sams Club) when I moved to wrap small nic nacs in when we moved so that they didn't get tossed around and broken, put silverware in to keep them all together. You can also use ice cream containers out in the garage to hold your nails, screws, bolts or any other small parts. With the containers being almost see thru, you can kinda see what is in them.
    yomomma1A

Answer by yomomma1A at 6:36 AM on Oct. 30, 2010

• Speaking of shaving cream, I apply a layer or shaving cream to the bathroom mirror and buff it off again. Steam from the shower won't gather on a mirror treated this way.
    When the microwave needs cleaning, I put a bowl full of water with a few slices of fresh lemon in it and turn the microwave on high for five minutes. The steam and evaporated lemon oil loosens all the chud off the inside of the microwave and it wipes off easily.
    Fistandantalus

Answer by Fistandantalus at 10:53 AM on Oct. 30, 2010

• Thanks for the FLyLady advice- I joined the newsletter! It's awesome, and my house is slowly getting in order! =)
    musicpisces

Comment by musicpisces (original poster) at 9:24 PM on Nov. 29, 2010