after having your little one

after having your little one how do you get the weight off my little girl is 7 months and i cannot drop the 50 pounds i gain when pregnant i try everything and nothing any tips??

Genesis29

Asked by Genesis29 at 4:55 AM on Oct. 30, 2010 in Diet & Fitness

• well I have only lost 10 of the 30 lbs I gained.. 4 years ago!
    change in diet, make sure you excersize
    cassie_kellison

Answer by cassie_kellison at 4:58 AM on Oct. 30, 2010

• It's really tough to loose, after gaining 50. Better start with walking the baby in the stroller, and get on the treadmill at home. Walking is the safest way to re-introduce yourself to excercise.
    tucson.mary

Answer by tucson.mary at 5:48 AM on Oct. 30, 2010

• Exercise and diet. Walking is the best way as long as it is a brisk walk. Take your baby to the park of a track and walk her around. You could even try walking around the mall, that way you would be inside. She will like looking at all of the pretties in the window and you would be spending a different kind of time with her.
    yomomma1A

Answer by yomomma1A at 6:25 AM on Oct. 30, 2010

• well after i had my first the weight very easily came off. i gained 60 lbs while pregnant with her, and lost 80 lbs by her first birthday.

i drank nothing but water, coffee, milk, and grape juice. i ate nothing but oatmeal, healthy choice meals, fruits and veggies. i ran atleast 3 times a week, in the evenings when she was asleep. i lived with my parents at the time so i had the luxury of knowing i could go for a run and she would be safe. i also walked with her daily around the block in the stroller up until i got a job.

i had my 3rd in january and the weight is not easily coming off. i gained 40 with her which seems like alot but not in comparison to the 60 i gained with the other 2. i walked daily while pregnant with my 3rd, and of course chased after the other 2. the weight is not as easily coming off, but again im not trying as hard as i did before, and its not so easy after having 3. good luck mama!! =)
    tnm786

Answer by tnm786 at 8:34 AM on Oct. 30, 2010

• My daughter was born in August 2008 and I gained 50+ pounds with her. I just started dropping the baby weight in March 2010. So it took me almost two years to start getting rid of the baby weight. And before, I was exercising and eating right and it still wasn't coming off. But finally one day it just paid off. I've lost 30 pounds since March and it feels awesome! Just keep exercising and eating right and making healthy choices and you will see the results eventually.
    poptart0325

Answer by poptart0325 at 8:40 AM on Oct. 30, 2010

• All the above answers are great advice. For me losing weight didn't happen until I was aware of exactly how it works. I have a journal post explaining our BMR, how many calories we need to take in to take weight off and so on... If you are interested, you can find it HERE. Hope it helps:)

shanlaree

Answer by shanlaree at 9:21 AM on Oct. 30, 2010

• After my 2nd child i found that just going out dancing on weekends helped me loose a lot of weight fast :) and this year prior to getting pregnant (im due in december) I started trying to lose about 40lbs well I managed to lose 35!! How? well for starters I DIDN'T change my diet I made a CD of good songs to dance to in my living room (my daughter loves to do the line dances like cupid shuffle and the bunny hop with me) I added in a bit of yoga which helped me to not be sore afterwards, I walked on the treadmill for about 15 minutes a day and got a slendertone ab belt (lost 5 inches from my tummy/waist in the 1st 3 weeks of using it)
    405mom

Answer by 405mom at 3:58 PM on Oct. 30, 2010

• Activity and not eating as much.
    musicmom08

Answer by musicmom08 at 11:51 PM on Oct. 30, 2010

• Breastfeeding and regular exercise, both aerobic and weight training, worked for me.
    Fistandantalus

Answer by Fistandantalus at 11:49 AM on Oct. 31, 2010

• My last child is 17 this month so do it now while you can. I did not take it seriously until my cardiologist told me loose it or seriously alter your life style. I am Perhaps 30 lbs over weight. I have lost 10. So I will recommend this take it seriously. If you want to maintain your life style take it seriously. Use weight watchers learn how to make healthy choices now. Drink plenty of water and get some movement in your life. Go outside and walk join a gym. Run, bike or swim.
    mmmegan38

Answer by mmmegan38 at 12:45 PM on Oct. 31, 2010