could my water break while i sleep and not know it??

I was sleeping and i was dreaming bought my water breaking i woke immediatly to my panties soaked went to bathroom and mor in the toilet could i have just peed my pants in my sleep and went pee again in the toilet i haent leaked since and its been 30 min plus afterwards was having pressure and some period cramps could this hav been my water??

Tia20

Asked by Tia20 at 6:36 AM on Oct. 30, 2010 in Pregnancy

• That is sort of what happened to me when my water broke but I got to the bathroom fast enough. It was darker than urine. Period like cramping started soon afterwrads. So, it could have been. See if cramping continues and call your Doctor
    elizabr

Answer by elizabr at 6:44 AM on Oct. 30, 2010

• And good luck!!!!!
    elizabr

Answer by elizabr at 6:45 AM on Oct. 30, 2010

• I would think so, now weather it was your water I have NO idea...Ive never had an experience like the PP but my SO woke me up asking "are you having contractions because I just heard you moaning in your sleep" I was like "IDK...and sure enough a couple mins later I had one, so I was...."
    Shani527

Answer by Shani527 at 7:01 AM on Oct. 30, 2010

• It sounds like that's exactly what happened.

Good luck!
    beckcorc

Answer by beckcorc at 7:03 AM on Oct. 30, 2010

• Might be--
    See if you can sit on the toilet and pee, then push more. And more.
    There are ways to try to get it to come out.
    If it continues to leak and your cramps intensify then I would expect it might be labor.
    Sometimes our water break and labor doesn't begin for a long time, you will have to wait and see!
    ;-)

Good luck!
    doulala

Answer by doulala at 11:04 AM on Oct. 30, 2010

• You could always put a pad on to see if you are still leaking. I would call you doctor just in case so that they could kind of start the clock and know what you are going.
    karing4elmas

Answer by karing4elmas at 11:30 AM on Oct. 30, 2010

• "I would call you doctor just in case so that they could kind of start the clock and know what you are going. "

Sounds like a great reason *NOT* to call!!
    doulala

Answer by doulala at 11:45 AM on Oct. 30, 2010