do you consider babysitting full time a job?

i hate when my husbands and others says i dont work. i am a sahm who keeps my house running and clean. i have more hats on my head than i can count. i also watch a toddler full time 40-45 hours a week. i get irritated when i hear well if you worked... or dumb comments like that. does anyone else feel like i do nothing or do you have a similar situation?

stargazer74

Asked by stargazer74 at 7:37 AM on Oct. 30, 2010 in Money & Work

• Well if you do babysit for 40 to 45 hours a day I would consider it a full time job. Well they even say being a mom is a full times job at it is. For some it seems easy cause you at home but the work that goes into it is a lot. Theres no coming home and now its relax time.
    LittleBirdFly

Answer by LittleBirdFly at 8:09 AM on Oct. 30, 2010

• It's the age old lack of respect for what it takes to run a home and care for children. Make a list of exactly what you do everyday. Ask him if he would like you to stop doing those things. Seriously talk it over. GL
    elizabr

Answer by elizabr at 7:56 AM on Oct. 30, 2010