Can I be allergic (or sensitive) to the toilet paper and kleenex I am using?

I am at my wit's end with these allergies! I eat almost completely natural and use no detergents anymore. The pollen count is down. I super-cleaned the house and we don't let pets on the bed or couch anymore. I get allergic both at work where there are no pets and at home, so whatever the trigger is, it's at work and home. Could it be the paper products???

.science.mom.

Asked by .science.mom. at 7:49 AM on Oct. 30, 2010 in Health

• That or you could be allergic to the pet dander or hair.. and if the pets are in your house then eventually that would get on your clothes.. then you are carrying it around with you no matter if your at work or home... I think you can go get tested for some allergies now so if that is a possibility for you it would probably be worth it...
    ajc88

Answer by ajc88 at 10:54 AM on Oct. 30, 2010

• If they have scents or lotions, then probably. Good luck! Stock up on the Claritin :)
    mrsmom110

Answer by mrsmom110 at 7:55 AM on Oct. 30, 2010

• I agree with mrsmom110. If the paper products are not free of scents or stuff like that it could be that.

Answer by louise2 at 8:04 AM on Oct. 30, 2010

• It may be worth buying some unbleached, unscented paper products for home, so if you have no reaction over a weekend, then it starts again on Monday at work, you can at least have some more evidence that there's something in the paper products at work.
    SWasson

Answer by SWasson at 8:39 AM on Oct. 30, 2010

• Maybe you could use good ole fashioned handkerchief ?? lol   Does anyone use those anymore?  Have you every used a neti-pot filled with warm sea salt water?    Some tissues seem like they make it worse...like the little fibers get loose.

Momforhealth

Answer by Momforhealth at 11:23 AM on Oct. 30, 2010

• yes check if it has an scent or lotion or anything like that cause as it was mention before that could be the cause.
    LittleBirdFly

Answer by LittleBirdFly at 8:21 AM on Oct. 30, 2010

• I agree get some unscented unbleached paper products. I have a real problem with anything with Aloe in it. Im no allergic to real aloe but the kleenex and toilet paper make my skin raw and bleed every single time I use them.
    mistynights234

Answer by mistynights234 at 8:44 AM on Oct. 30, 2010

• ajc I have been thinking the same thing about the pet dander following me around, but I am not sure. I do think I am going to get the allergan test.

momforhealth I was thinking the same thing about a handkercheif. LOL
    .science.mom.

Comment by .science.mom. (original poster) at 2:36 PM on Oct. 30, 2010