How do you love your next child as much as you do the first?

My daughter is the most amazing thing in the world to me. I couldn't possibly love her more. I've come to find I don't love my pets like I used to (and they were my world). I want more children, but I'm afraid I won't love them as much as my first born....

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:08 PM on Oct. 30, 2008 in General Parenting

• Someone how I love both my children the same amount. Love is endless and infinite so you don't have to limit one to love the other. I was concerned about it too. Even now, I think it's awesome how I could think about one with love to burst my heart and then think of the other and have the same extreme quantity filling me up. It's the power of love. It's kind of a mystery!
    manna1qd

Answer by manna1qd at 6:51 AM on Oct. 31, 2008

• YOU WILL! And it is amazing hwo it happens. You just have another heart to give it seems. I wonder the same. Even with my third.
    racingmomma

Answer by racingmomma at 11:09 PM on Oct. 30, 2008

• oh you will. it seems impossible to have that much love, but it's possible. yeah i've noticed that the people that dress their dogs and all that stuff are the ones that don't have kids...
    Anonymous

• You know I was afraid of that too, I could never love another child the way I do about my son, then my husband and I became pregnant with a little girl, now due in January I have learned that I can and I do. My kids are the best thing that has happend to me (hubby included) My love for them compares to no other, they are my babies no matter what!
    Married2theBest

Answer by Married2theBest at 11:11 PM on Oct. 30, 2008

• I had the same concern-- even put off getting pregnant for a year because of it. However, it's amazing how love multiplies! My daughters are two totally different people, and I have a different relationship with each of them. But loving one more than the other is no longer a concern!
    Mishelly728

Answer by Mishelly728 at 11:11 PM on Oct. 30, 2008

• I know it's hard to imagine you could love another child like you do your first, but you do. All those feelings you had for your first child will be there for any other children you have. They are your child, they will seem as amazing to you as your first! A mother has a never ending love for her children...you could have 20 kids and love them all totally!!
    robinann5

Answer by robinann5 at 11:21 PM on Oct. 30, 2008

• You will. I worried about that too. I worried my oldest woul dbe left out, she would resent not being an only child, i wouldn't be able to be there for both ect ect. It all changes when they arrive. Some how some way you get the room in there to love that child the same, not less, not more, the exact same! It is the stranges thing how it happens but it works.
    Izzyscrazymom

Answer by Izzyscrazymom at 11:50 PM on Oct. 30, 2008

• im about to have my second baby and i have the same fear. i dont want to treat them differently or anything and that is a big big scare of mine. i made my hubby promise he would tell me if he thought that was what i was doing!
    Ronnies_Girl

Answer by Ronnies_Girl at 12:11 AM on Oct. 31, 2008

• Pets are nothing compared top our babies. I have 3 sons and each of them are amazing and would die for each of them. You will feel the same with your kids. I loved each of my boys and knew I really loved them when I felt them move inside me for the first time!
    nyteowl

Answer by nyteowl at 3:30 AM on Oct. 31, 2008

• i was Very afraid of that when i was preggo w my 2nd..the 2nd one came, and i love them equally..im one of 3 kids in my family, and my mom always had a certain love for my older sister..and i understand it now that i have 2 and one on the way..our oldest will always have a special place, and we'll make special places for all our other little ones too.
    tnteaton

Answer by tnteaton at 4:34 AM on Oct. 31, 2008