Do you leave your kids in a running car?

With the weather getting cold do you leave your kids and jump out of your warm running car into the cold to get your mail?

If you do please read this. This mom had the best intentions and both of her babies are dead. http://www.myfoxstl.com/myfox/pages/Home/Detail?contentId=7759040&version=2&locale=EN-US&layoutCode=VSTY&pageId=1.1.1

(I am in no way judgeing anyone)

Izzyscrazymom

Asked by Izzyscrazymom at 11:10 PM on Oct. 30, 2008 in General Parenting

• FUCK NO! I would never leave my kids in the car alone FOR ANY REASON
    And NEVER when the car is on
    SexxyMomma26

Answer by SexxyMomma26 at 11:15 PM on Oct. 30, 2008

• NO!!!!
    flutterfae

Answer by flutterfae at 11:16 PM on Oct. 30, 2008

• The only time That i ever left my son (who is 7 months) in the car was about two weeks ago, and it was just to push the cart into the cart corral which i always park next to. Now that he is in a "big boy" car seat, I dont do it. .
    Anonymous

• this is sad, and i bet this mom is feeling HORRABLE about this. She is going to have a HARD time morning the loss of her kids. i will be praying for her and her family.
    Cecilydw

Answer by Cecilydw at 11:18 PM on Oct. 30, 2008

• She was a complete DUMBASS for letting those beautiful babies alone in a RUNNING car.
    Look at that site, they got a 3 sentence paragraph!?! Damn people.
    SexxyMomma26

Answer by SexxyMomma26 at 11:20 PM on Oct. 30, 2008

• I know, it just broke my heart.
    Izzyscrazymom

Answer by Izzyscrazymom at 11:33 PM on Oct. 30, 2008

• Mine are older 6, 8 and 12, so I do now, but never when they were younger. Something I never did. But once, I ran across a question that made me think: Would you leave your purse on the front seat with $500 in it and run in real quick? No? Then kids shouldn't be left either!
    Babylove76

Answer by Babylove76 at 11:43 PM on Oct. 30, 2008

• I would never leave my kids in a car running or not running i dont trust them
    heidicoone

Answer by heidicoone at 12:04 AM on Oct. 31, 2008

• I could never leave my kids in the car at all for any reason not with the way the world is
    heidicoone

Answer by heidicoone at 12:06 AM on Oct. 31, 2008

• i have before but here is what happened. i put my girl in her carseat and strapped her in. i realized i left my phone in the house. but i knew right where it was. i left her car door opened, ran into the house and ran out. i wasnt away for a minute AND my neighbors were outside right by the car. that is the only time ever! i will even park at the end of the parking lot by one of those places you put the cart just to make sure that i will be right be the car taking the cart back.
    Ronnies_Girl

Answer by Ronnies_Girl at 12:08 AM on Oct. 31, 2008