I am 19 weeks pregnant. I was wondering, can I drink decaf ice coffee once in a blue? I had my last cup when I was like 10 weeks pregnant. Will me drinking coffee do anything?

BubbleeBabyJoy2

Asked by BubbleeBabyJoy2 at 11:10 PM on Oct. 30, 2008 in Pregnancy

• i wouldn't recommend it during the first trimester, but afterwards only once in a blue moon.
    Anonymous

• you can drink up to 2 cups of regular of coffee a day, so splurge away :)
    leoangel

Answer by leoangel at 11:12 PM on Oct. 30, 2008

• you can drink regular coffee if you want to :) my doc said no more than 300mg of caffeine per day. a 20z pepsi only has 63mg.
    Anonymous

• I drank decaf espresso throughout my pregnancy because my Doc said it would be OK. A double shot decaf almost every day and my baby was born healthy and happy.
    MomofSamIam

Answer by MomofSamIam at 11:14 PM on Oct. 30, 2008

• here is a link that explains it a little bit better.... the caffeine is the issue, so decaf although it has a little caffeine, is not even close to a regular cup of coffee....

http://www.americanpregnancy.org/pregnancyhealth/caffeine.html
    leoangel

Answer by leoangel at 11:14 PM on Oct. 30, 2008

• Oh lord, drink all you want. I have (regular) coffee probably five times a week, only a cup a day though. You'll be perfectly fine and so will your baby, especially if it's decaf. You can drink all the decaf you want, the most it could do is make you a little bloated from the sugar and milk in the drink. You could even drink caffeinated coffee if you wanted. As long as you're not drinking like a million cups of caffeinated coffee, though, you'll still be okay.

Don't sweat it =]
    caitxrawks

Answer by caitxrawks at 11:15 PM on Oct. 30, 2008

• I agree with the last reply. I drank mt dew almost everyday and my son is fine. Maybe thats why he is always smiling. I dont believe that it does anything.
    mrsmilander

Answer by mrsmilander at 12:12 AM on Oct. 31, 2008

• i heard one cup of reg coffee is ok..since you're drinking decaf, you can drink it all you want!!! like water!!!
    tnteaton

Answer by tnteaton at 4:11 AM on Oct. 31, 2008

• i had a large ice coffee everyday throughout my whole pregnancy and lets not talk about the soda! my baby was fine
    qsmommy88

Answer by qsmommy88 at 7:27 AM on Oct. 31, 2008

• I had 5-6 cups of reg. coffee a day and a large soda when I wasn't drinking coffee for all 3 of my pregnancies and all of my kids are fine lol.
    imtheonlysane1

Answer by imtheonlysane1 at 11:42 PM on Oct. 31, 2008