Does my baby hate me?

My son is 8 months old and can say momma, daddy and baby. He understands the meaning of them obviously because he says the different words depending on who he sees. Here's the question though: I'm a stay at home mom and I have always been the one to do everything for him (feed, bath change....). My hubby is worthless is that area! He plays with his dad but when something needs done I have to do it. Why does my baby get soooo excited to see his dad and says daddy all the time! Does he hate me? Is that why he doesn't say momma that much? Is this typical? I just feel so bad like I'm doing something wrong and he doesn't like me as much as his dad.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:11 PM on Oct. 30, 2008 in Babies (0-12 months)

• no :o) he just sees you ALL the time :) it's exciting to see daddy when daddy hasn't been around all day. and Momma is harder to say.
    Anonymous

• Your not doing anything wrong your with him all day then when Daddy comes home it;s exciting for him & a baby doesn't even know what hate means why would you even think that
    Anonymous

• don't feel bad. my son only says momma very rarely. he loves daddy. it's cuz he sees me ALL day, and then when daddy gets home he's glad to see him. Don't worry mom, even though he may not show it, he loves you!
    armywife43

Answer by armywife43 at 11:17 PM on Oct. 30, 2008

• You answered your own question! Of course he gets excited when he sees Daddy-- Daddy = PLAYTIME! You have to be the practical one, taking care of all of the needs! Believe me, you are security to that little guy. When he gets hurt, who does he want? Sometimes it just doesn't seem fair that the dads get more of the FUN part of being the parent and the moms get more of the WORK part, but that's usually the way it goes. Make sure you are getting to enjoy your baby too! Snuggle, read, take walks, talk to him, get on the floor and romp! It's great that you take care of his needs, but you need to have fun with him too!
    Mishelly728

Answer by Mishelly728 at 11:18 PM on Oct. 30, 2008

• yeah my son does the same thing when he see's his daddy he knows its play time and he loves his daddy but his daddy works 12 hours a day and I don't think he hates you sweety he like mishelly728 said he knows its play time
    hinson7169

Answer by hinson7169 at 11:24 PM on Oct. 30, 2008

• Both my girls are like that. Thier daddy is a "play toy" and I am thier" comforter" And if I were the one working and he were at home all the time the roles would be reverse. Don't feel bad, enjoy it. My husband wishes they would go to him when they are sad or sick but they don't, it is straight to me. Our 5 year old cries whenever her daddy tucks her in at night..(if the baby is screaming her head off and I am trying to calm her he will tuck her in for me)...LOL!! So don't feel bad. he doesn't hate you. :)
    Izzyscrazymom

Answer by Izzyscrazymom at 11:45 PM on Oct. 30, 2008

• He gets excited because daddy plays with him and daddy is new and novel. It will go back and forth for years. I bet when he gets hurt, he screams for you.
    kaycee14

Answer by kaycee14 at 12:23 AM on Oct. 31, 2008

• Daddy is a big ol' new toy. All kids love toys.
    lilmami81

Answer by lilmami81 at 12:41 AM on Oct. 31, 2008

• He's too little to be capable of hate. Like others have said, you're with him all day. Your presence is nothing new. You're kinda like the walls, no one notices them until they're gone. There will be times, trust me, when Daddy is not the person he wants, when it will be all about mommy. The pendulum swings both ways.
    3maniacsmom

Answer by 3maniacsmom at 2:30 AM on Oct. 31, 2008

• How can your baby hate you he sees your face all day long so when daddy comes by of course he is going to get excited.I always do everything for my baby girl too but when daddy comes along its daddy !!!!! and forget mommy its normal she is daddies little girl.
    monica277

Answer by monica277 at 4:34 AM on Oct. 31, 2008