how can i tell when my exact due date is?

when i originally got pregnant the doctor said my due date was the 9th but a couple months later he changed it and said it was the 28th of January. i went to the doctor yesterday and he went back to saying it was the 9th of January AGAIN. how do i know when my exact due date is if i dont remember the exact date of my last period. i know it was in April but i dont remember the days..any suggestions?

joymoon87

Asked by joymoon87 at 8:27 AM on Oct. 30, 2010 in Pregnancy

• A due date is more of an estimate. The date the doctor is giving you is based on average estimates of how people measure at a certain time. I KNEW when I conceived as we were trying very hard and documenting, yet I measured larger than average at some points, then I measured smaller than average at others. These measurements can change during pregnancy. My doctor said that he does not typically change the due date unless the measurements start to differ for more than a two and half week time frame.

As for what date you should choose, it is really hard to say not knowing when you concieved. And it's not a definite anyway. I had my oldest son at 36 weeks and my youngest at 37 weeks.

layh41407

Answer by layh41407 at 8:41 AM on Oct. 30, 2010

• if you don't know the exact date of your last period or the date you conceived, then there is no sure way of knowing your exact due date. the doctors will go by ultrasound and uterus measurements but they're just a guesstimate and could be up to 2 weeks off in either direction. it's frustrating i know because you want to tell people when you're due but you're not exactly sure lol.
    tnm786

Answer by tnm786 at 8:30 AM on Oct. 30, 2010

• well 100% you can never know. Its always just a estimated due day. And since you dont know the exact date of you late period I would guess its a little harder to tell. My due date was on the 20th but she came on the 9th. My Sisters was on the 20th as well but her baby came on the second, so 13 days later.
    LittleBirdFly

Answer by LittleBirdFly at 8:33 AM on Oct. 30, 2010

• you should go with what your doctor told you last time, cause its the "newest update" like it was said before they go by ultrasound and measurements.
    LittleBirdFly

Answer by LittleBirdFly at 8:34 AM on Oct. 30, 2010

• There is no exact due date for any woman, even one who knows her lmp date. A due date is just a guess - a guess date. If I was given 2 dates that far apart - I'd be ready to go a week before the 9th, but be mentally be prepared to go halfway into February (because it's safe to go 2+ weeks beyond your "due date").
    Anonymous

• so out of both of those estimates should i go with the 9th of January or the 28th?
    joymoon87

Comment by joymoon87 (original poster) at 8:33 AM on Oct. 30, 2010

• did they due an ultra sound?? that can give you an ish date.
    randibosin

Answer by randibosin at 9:31 AM on Oct. 30, 2010

• oh that's easy! the day your baby comes is the exact due date! Horray! Congratulations!
    Roadfamily6now

Answer by Roadfamily6now at 2:47 PM on Oct. 30, 2010