When should i start buying baby stuff? I am 19 weeks pregnant..

BubbleeBabyJoy2

Asked by BubbleeBabyJoy2 at 11:15 PM on Oct. 30, 2008 in Pregnancy

• I would purchase furniture and bedding EARLY; a lot of times especially if you purchase from a specialty store... A.K.A not walmart, or babiesrus; it can be on back order or a shipment can be delayed.

I would purchase a box of diapers whenever you can in various sizes; later on you will be glad you did! If you are not expecting a shower go ahead and get the lil things you want; rattles, misc. toys, extra blankets; a lot of times babiesrus and various other stores have clearance items that are worth the low cost they are asking for!

The carseat I recommend to buy before 35 weeks; as babies can come early and you want that item to be ready to go :) GL!
    leoangel

Answer by leoangel at 11:18 PM on Oct. 30, 2008

• NOW!! You have a lot to buy, and it's not cheap, and your baby will be here before you know it. ( I know it feels like forever but the time is short)

Go to the store now and start buying, lol have fun and don't leave yourself out, get a maternity outfit. Always made me feel better when i was prego
    Wolfmother

Answer by Wolfmother at 11:23 PM on Oct. 30, 2008

• I waited until my 7th month I'm a little supersitious (I can't spell that lol) but anyway in a Italian family it's bad luck to bring in baby items b4 the baby is born ...................
    Anonymous

• i started as soon as i found out that i was having a little boy
    Ronnies_Girl

Answer by Ronnies_Girl at 11:59 PM on Oct. 30, 2008

• One good tip: BUY DIAPERS ONCE A WEEK! I had diapers until he was about 7months old! It really helps!
    mrsmilander

Answer by mrsmilander at 12:10 AM on Oct. 31, 2008

• i bought the time i found out i was preggo. at first i bought neutral stuff- the best thing to do is GARAGE sales and mom-to-mom sales, why waste all the money for new things when your baby is going to grow right through them super fast when you can get the things you need for 50-75% cheaper. :) also a good tip is to buy all sizes- not just the small baby sizes- i did and now i got clothes all the way up to 2T- now i never have to worry about having to buy clothes when money is tight. GOOD LUCK and congradulations!!!!!!!!!!
    ldc90

Answer by ldc90 at 12:22 AM on Oct. 31, 2008

• you can also join your local freecycle group (on yahoo) and get tons of baby stuff for free from kind spirited generous peope. Almost 75% of my baby stuff was free from this group and most was really really nice and like a previous mom mentioned I have clothes through 2T as well.
    humaniterian87

Answer by humaniterian87 at 12:25 AM on Oct. 31, 2008

• I am 21 wks. and started buying baby clothes on ebay a few weeks ago. I have found amazing deals on bulk onesies and pants. I think I will take that diaper suggestion and start stocking up on those. Anyone know the cheapest place to get 'em? Costco?
    Anonymous

• anon at 3:31- i get them from wal-mart, the parrents choice brand works great and is way cheaper than all the rest
    mommy2alissa

Answer by mommy2alissa at 1:05 PM on Nov. 1, 2008