Fever for 3 days, need some advice please??

Our 7 yr old has had fever for 3 days, it spikes at about 102.6, and then after ibuprofen it comes down some, the lowest at 99.7 this morning. He's vomited off and on throughout the past 3 days. Has been drinking pedialite, and water. I don't know if I should take him in to the Dr, for them to tell me he has the flu...His throat does hurt, but he says not bad, has had an ongoing headache, and his ears don't hurt. I have asked him everyday, seems like all day... I don't know what to do. I don't want to spread his germs around, but this fever has me worried.. Any suggestions? Thanks Ladies!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 8:48 AM on Oct. 30, 2010 in Health

• Call the doctor. It could be a lot more than the flu.
    layh41407

Answer by layh41407 at 9:04 AM on Oct. 30, 2010

• Could be strep. My daughter ran fever and threw up, apparently those are a sign of strep.
    KLONG

Answer by KLONG at 9:16 AM on Oct. 30, 2010

• it sounds like the stomach flu to me give her a cool bath it'll take that fever completly away give her dry toast and lots of water she should be fine if it's more the 5 days I think they say then it's a sign it's not viral
    chica679

Answer by chica679 at 10:43 AM on Oct. 30, 2010

• OP here- I took himm to the Dr, they did a strep test, it was negative. They're sending it to the lab to make sure. She checked his ears, nose,lungs, tummy,and neck for pain... He had a terrible headache, and a 103 fever. She gave him motrin right off. All she could come up with was he has a viral infection, and to keep him hydrated, and rest. If his temp rises above 104, and I can't get it down then I'm to take him to the ER.. I should have known all of this, I have been down this road so many times before with our older 2... This is the first time our youngest has had anything like this... He's 7 so I just don't expect him to get sick, and it had me in a panic.. TY for the suggestions ladies!
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 2:14 PM on Oct. 30, 2010