circumcised...

i might be haveing boy girl twins. i am not sure yet. i know the sex of one of my bbies, which is girl. bt the other is probaly boy. and i took a class and it said that i am going to have to decided between getting him circumcised or not. what are your opions on haveing males circumcised? and if u dont know what circumcised means, then plz do not asnwer! thxs!

tiffany275

Asked by tiffany275 at 11:23 PM on Oct. 30, 2008 in Pregnancy

• I THINK IT IS BETTER 2 HAVE THEM CIRCUMSIZED BCUZ WHEN THE GET OLDER IF THEY DNT KNOW HOW 2 CLEAN THEMSELVES RIGHT THEN THEY CAN GET AN INFECTION AND I HAVE HEARD THAT THEY HAVE TO CLEAN UNDER THAT SKIN BUT I DNT HAVE BOYS JST GIRLS SO IM NT SURE HOW TRUE THAT IS
    kim2316

Answer by kim2316 at 11:28 PM on Oct. 30, 2008

• I had my LO done. Pretty much thought he;d compare with all the boys in the locker room. I didnt want to make him feel different. I've never met someone thats not.
    bandaid1006

Answer by bandaid1006 at 11:27 PM on Oct. 30, 2008

• I had mine boys done. it is totally up to. But I hear insurance/medcaid do NOT pay for it anymore.

I think NOT having it done, is mostly religouse reasons. My BIL, never had her sons done because there daddy wasn't. So it is how you want it to be.
    racingmomma

Answer by racingmomma at 11:28 PM on Oct. 30, 2008

• I can tell you from an adult stand point... I had a partner that was uncircumcised before i met my husband, and I was completely disgusted...
    Secondly, when I had my son, I hated that he was going to be in pain, etc... but believe me it is well worth it, as non-circumcised boys need to be cleaned constantly, even later in life, so they do not get infections etc. My opinion is it is just something that has to be done for their health, and their future health.
    leoangel

Answer by leoangel at 11:30 PM on Oct. 30, 2008

• My husband and both my boys are uncut. No regrets, it's not medically necessary in this day and age of antibacterial soap. There are as many nerve endings there as there are in the lips. And with fewer and fewer people doing it, they won't be the freak of the locker room as some fear. That being said, I would never criticize another for choosing to do it.
    mandaday

Answer by mandaday at 11:31 PM on Oct. 30, 2008

• it's totally up to you i had both of my boys done.. and i never considered not doing it..
    VictinaG

Answer by VictinaG at 11:31 PM on Oct. 30, 2008

• my ds isn't and its fine with me.
    edgpag

Answer by edgpag at 11:32 PM on Oct. 30, 2008

• if this is a boy, he will be. :/ Personally I really don't like the idea, I just think it's mean. I'm certianly not bashing, I just hate that he'd be in pain!! But my hubby is from South Korea and actually had his done when he was 7, and said he would MUCH rather he had it done when he was a baby so he'd have no memory of it. We're Christian, so that's why we'll be doing it. I think it'll upset me, maybe more than it'll upset baby.
    mrseum

Answer by mrseum at 11:33 PM on Oct. 30, 2008

• Circumsied men are cleaner, Before my son was born I talke to my pediatrician about it, medically circumsion is healthier, because it's easier to clean. uncircumsised have to hold back the fold and get it really clean in there they are also more likely to get uti's and bladder infections from not keeping or getting it clean enough. Urine gets trapped under the fold.

In men if they don't have good hygiene and keep it clean and hold back the fold while they urinate it also stinks ALOT! You also have the compare issue with the other boys when he gets older.

Speak to your pediatrician about it. Just for the record I had my son circumsised, and i have an adopted son who is not circumsised who insisted on getting his son circumsised. Again speak to you dr.

Good Luck
    Wolfmother

Answer by Wolfmother at 11:34 PM on Oct. 30, 2008

• Well in the bible and Im not kidding it says it is unclean to not be uncircumsized. I forgot where it said but it IS in there.
    Marah2008

Answer by Marah2008 at 11:46 PM on Oct. 30, 2008