If your job offers OT, do you take it?

I hate it, but it' s all about money right now.

Shanna84

Asked by Shanna84 at 9:24 AM on Oct. 30, 2010 in Money & Work

• i used to then totally burnt myself out. now i work one or 2 extra days a month, just enough so they still offer me overtime when it comes up. be careful, its easy to burn yourself out.
    lillie70

Answer by lillie70 at 1:22 PM on Oct. 30, 2010

• Yes I do but sometimes I ferll bad because my son has football games on Saturday .
    janettee

Answer by janettee at 9:43 AM on Oct. 30, 2010

• When I was single working I loved overtime! Not because it meant more time away from my kids, but you can't beat time and a half, and due to my job (restaurant management) most of my overtime was when the kids were asleep.

Answer by missanc at 10:14 AM on Oct. 30, 2010

• When I was working I would. But now that hubby and I both are stay at home parents we don't have to worry about the over time anymore. I used to do it more when the holiday's rolled around.
    AtHomeMommy-3

Answer by AtHomeMommy-3 at 9:39 AM on Oct. 30, 2010

• I do. :( I'm always working.
    Memigen

Answer by Memigen at 10:25 AM on Oct. 30, 2010

• Sometimes we have to make hard choices, and right now, for everyone, I think, money is a big one. I didn't get paid overtime, but I took every job I could (Catering). My boys often had a hard time with it, but now that they are grown, they understand and have thanked me for what I did for the family.
    SweetLuci

Answer by SweetLuci at 11:00 AM on Oct. 30, 2010

• I work every single hour of OT I am offered. Any extra money would be great right now. I have a hard time paying things as it is and with Christmas coming up extra money would be great!
    Bubbie0809

Answer by Bubbie0809 at 1:04 PM on Oct. 30, 2010

• I am salaried, so overtime is only half of my hourly rate. It's hardly worth it. But I do it now and then.
    Brenna

Answer by Brenna at 8:47 PM on Oct. 30, 2010