What charities are you donating to for Christmas?

I do Barnes and Nobles book program. We do the pick-a-name trees, where every child in the family chooses a child the same age and donates a gift. And I also do a Christmas drive at work for the Waupaca Humane Society.

I think giving is the best part of the Holidays. Hopefully with the economy, people will still be charitable.

Asked by Shanna84 at 9:27 AM on Oct. 30, 2010 in Holidays

• Each of our kids get an angel tree child to buy for and we shop for them as a family so the girls get the feeling of doing for others during the holidays. We also donate to the Salvation Army and volunteer to be bell ringers.

Answer by scout_mom at 9:45 AM on Oct. 30, 2010

• My husband is a former Marine so the Toys for Tots program is very important to him. That's generally the one we donate to.

Answer by VeggieMuslima at 9:28 AM on Oct. 30, 2010

• I do the angle tree at our church.

Answer by MommyH2 at 9:35 AM on Oct. 30, 2010

• I try to give something to Toys for Tots as well.

Answer by Codysmom2106 at 9:36 AM on Oct. 30, 2010

• Depending on how our finances are looking we try to do Toys for Tots, and if there is a pick a name tree at church (we're in a new congregation this year) or at one of the local stores we do that. No matter what though, we always put something in the Salvation Army buckets wherever they are. Its not much, but all those not muches (yes I know, not a word, lol.) add up

Answer by duckigrrl at 9:51 AM on Oct. 30, 2010

• I do an Angel Tree and Adopt a Soldier.

Answer by Queenofscrap at 9:53 AM on Oct. 30, 2010

• We'll do an Angel Tree and this year we're doing Operation Christmas Child.

Answer by mochamomof3 at 12:21 PM on Oct. 30, 2010