Is he interested in me?

So a few months ago I started a new workout routine, hired a personal trainer and things have been going great. I am losing weight, my diet is improving day by day and I feel a lot healthier all around. I know that personal trainers are normally flirty with their clients, or so I have heard but mine is 'extra' flirty. I really can't tell if he is into me or not. He always tells me how pretty I am, I think he even said I was sexy once, but I just kinda dismiss it...I went through hell with my ex boyfriend and self esteem issues, so I really dont pay any mind what other men say to me. He has mentioned going out together a few times but I just kinda shrug it off. He knows I have kids, he has kids of his own and he is always talking about how cute they are, how we should get together for a play date, but argh, I just dont know. I dont know how to feel it out a little bit more.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:52 AM on Oct. 30, 2010 in Relationships

• Maybe he is just being friendly.

Answer by older at 9:56 AM on Oct. 30, 2010

• Take him up on his offer to get the kids together for a play date and see where it goes from there.
    shanlaree

Answer by shanlaree at 10:01 AM on Oct. 30, 2010

• Just wait and see what happens. If he is really interested, he will let you know. Just as there are guys who like to flirt, there are also guys who like to pursue their women. I married such a man almost 46 years ago, so I think there's something to be said for waiting to be pursued.
    NannyB.

Answer by NannyB. at 10:22 AM on Oct. 30, 2010

• Just go out and see what happens.
    hobbitswife04

Answer by hobbitswife04 at 10:50 AM on Oct. 30, 2010

• Just let him know you're interested. Ask him "So what have you got going on this weekend?" or talk about a restaurant you've been wanting to try or something you've been wanting to do and see if suggests going together.
    Hazelnutkin

Answer by Hazelnutkin at 10:56 AM on Oct. 30, 2010

• Sometimes- You just have to take a little Risk........... Go for it Momma:) Wishing you lots of luck!

daisyb

Answer by daisyb at 11:27 AM on Oct. 30, 2010

• In my experience, personal trainers do tend to be flirtatious. If you are interested in pursuing a personal relationship with him, or just want to see if he is truly interested in you personally, than accept his invitation with the caveat that you can no longer be his client. You would have to change trainers. If he's cool with that, then you have a potential romantic relationship; if not, then you know where you stand and what kind of person he is.
    J-M

Answer by J-M at 12:36 PM on Oct. 30, 2010