Mucinex dosage for my 27 month old?

She is 27 months and weighs 34 lbs. She is really congested and has a bad runny nose. Her pediatrician told me at one time I could give her Mucinex...but it had to be a low dose... I can't remember what she said. Online it says not to give Mucinex to kids under 4...so I can't find dosing info that way. Her doctors office is closed today (Saturday) for some reason or other! Any ideas would be great! We do the Vicks rub and night light, also have humidifier and elevated bed. She can't sleep or breathe well!!

ADL1980

Asked by ADL1980 at 9:56 AM on Oct. 30, 2010 in Kids' Health

• Hmmm,i was under the impression that it was for chest congestion. Are you saying she's congested in her chest or sinuses? I'd stick with the other stuff you're doing for her

Answer by butterflyblue19 at 10:14 AM on Oct. 30, 2010

• CALL A PHARMACIST!!! Your local drugstore will have one there today. They can tell you what is safe and the dosage to use. Make sure you tell them ANYTHING your baby has taken or regularly takes. To be honest, they know more about meds than the doctor's do. lol Hope your baby feels better!
    nova8

Answer by nova8 at 11:14 AM on Oct. 30, 2010

• Your doctor's office does not have an after hours line that you can speak with a nurse? Ours does when you call it during off hours it will give you the number to call. Plus I also think children hospitals usually have a nurse hot line too. I would call them and see what they suggest.
    Peajewel

Answer by Peajewel at 6:42 PM on Oct. 30, 2010

• Call a pharmacist.
    PhilsBabyMama

Answer by PhilsBabyMama at 1:57 PM on Oct. 31, 2010

• Honestly, I'd wait and speak with a pedi...a pharmacist would possibly know, however.
    mainemusicmaker

Answer by mainemusicmaker at 3:09 PM on Oct. 31, 2010

• If her weight is not listed on the packaging, I would consult a doctor before giving it.
    cleanaturalady

Answer by cleanaturalady at 3:33 PM on Oct. 31, 2010

• Re-consult your dr. or talk to a pharmascist. It will be o.k. to wait to administer until you are able to consult a professional.
    ethans_momma06

Answer by ethans_momma06 at 6:43 PM on Oct. 31, 2010

• talk to the pharmacy, or skip it...
    asil

Answer by asil at 11:22 PM on Oct. 31, 2010

• Call the pharm.
    sstepph

Answer by sstepph at 7:39 PM on Nov. 4, 2010