how do i make new friends

joanne21627

Asked by joanne21627 at 9:58 AM on Oct. 30, 2010 in Relationships

• Join groups or clubs in your area, go to the park to meet new moms. Once your kiddos are old enough to be in sports or clubs of their own you will meet tons of new people.
    shanlaree

Answer by shanlaree at 10:00 AM on Oct. 30, 2010

• Find activities and things that interest you. I mean, you won't have much in common with the person you meet at the rock climbing wall, when you don't rock climb. lol Also, in order to have friends you have to BE a friend. Are you friendly towards others to get the ball rolling? Sometimes just breaking the ice can be the toughest thing. We can all be a little insecure at times thinking things like "they'll think I'm weird if I say/do ___," when the reality is, the other person is probably dealing with similar insecurities. You just never know about people until you get to know them. And, DON'T judge them by their appearances. I say this, not because I assume you would, but because these are things that I have learned through personal experience. :-) Good luck, mama....now go make some friends!
    JawgaMom1

Answer by JawgaMom1 at 11:28 AM on Oct. 30, 2010

• I had trouble with this as well, because I'm really shy and find it hard to meet new people and most of my friends don't have kids or they are just now having babies. I just joined a local MOMS Club, and am already meeting a lot of nice people with kids my son's age. Just look up MOMS Club online, and you can call or email to see if they have a chapter in your area. I have met a couple people at the library story time and at the park too.
    pam19

Answer by pam19 at 11:30 AM on Oct. 30, 2010

• Try the local library story hour. I met some good friends by doing that. Also might try www.meetup.com. I have seen moms groups there.
    elizabr

Answer by elizabr at 11:31 AM on Oct. 30, 2010

• Omg, the local library story hour is great! You will meet parents just like yourself, and most likely, it is free!
    Luisa621

Answer by Luisa621 at 4:24 AM on Oct. 31, 2010