Do ppl really believe this is okay?

I have noticed that when some people posted a reply to a question that is asked online they think is is perfectly okay to be blatantly rude disrespectful. Do ppl really believe this is okay? I just was wondering what other ppl thought about this. I personally think it is not okay. The way I see the I look at it is this once you post that comment it's out there never to be taking back. Do ppl really think it is alright to insult a stranger online?

ladygetz

Asked by ladygetz at 10:44 AM on Oct. 30, 2010 in Relationships

• yes, a lot of people think it is okay because it's just the internet. people feel more secure and brave behind a computer screen. but you know damn well have of the things people say on here they wouldn't dare say to someone's face, especially a stranger.
    tnm786

Answer by tnm786 at 10:45 AM on Oct. 30, 2010

• what one person my see is rude..another may just see as being blunt or honest..everyone sees things differently and some people are way more sensitive than others
    shay1130

Answer by shay1130 at 10:47 AM on Oct. 30, 2010

• One thing you have to keep in mind is this is the internet. It leaves soooo much out when it comes to communication. What may come across as an insult here may very well not have had you been face to face with the person. Some people also mistake bluntness with rudeness. Granted, there are those people who are just mean and there is no mistaking it. You just have to learn to ignore those people because nothing you can say is going to change them. They are that way because they are unhappy with some aspect of their lives and feel the need to put others down.
    hobbitswife04

Answer by hobbitswife04 at 10:49 AM on Oct. 30, 2010

• It's not only CafeMom. Rude people are everywhere.
    LuvBug3

Answer by LuvBug3 at 11:22 AM on Oct. 30, 2010

• I dont think its okay. Be nice and polite, thats the best way.
    LittleBirdFly

Answer by LittleBirdFly at 11:22 AM on Oct. 30, 2010

• NO- it is Not Cool for someone to be Rude & Mean just b/c it is the Internet- Some people have no where else to turn & they really take it to Heart- You just have to let the rude comments roll off your back & move on- There is always going to be someone that needs some Drama in their life!

daisyb

Answer by daisyb at 11:23 AM on Oct. 30, 2010

• Its the internet...LOL.
    gulfcoastmom4

Answer by gulfcoastmom4 at 2:32 PM on Oct. 30, 2010

• oh BTW that doesn't mean I think its ok, just that people need to take it with a grain of salt
    gulfcoastmom4

Answer by gulfcoastmom4 at 2:33 PM on Oct. 30, 2010

• Yes some do
    LiLJeni

Answer by LiLJeni at 3:26 PM on Oct. 30, 2010

• always remember misery likes company
    FayMeek

Answer by FayMeek at 3:30 PM on Oct. 30, 2010