I want another baby, but everyone thinks I should wait. Why?

I am engaged, but I am a strong enough person that I wouldn't care if I raised them as a single mom. My ds is just under a year. I want him to have siblings close in age. I was an only child and want a big family. I'm 26 and held the same job for 7 years. Renting a house, own a vehicle, have a daycare provider. Why doesn't anyone think I am ready?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:54 AM on Oct. 30, 2010 in Trying to Conceive

• Bottom line it's never going to be a good time to have a baby, so if you want another one and your husband agrees, then go for it. Nobody else is going to be responsible for it so their opinions don't matter. If you feel you are ready do it. You're not getting any younger and if you wait, age is going to make conception harder. Also after age 35 you run an increased chance of Downs and other birth defects. but you should feel financially ready and if you do then by all means. Good luck!!
    2autisticsmom

Answer by 2autisticsmom at 6:39 PM on Oct. 31, 2010

• Not married, has an under age one baby, renting a house. Those are their reasons why you should wait. Not that it is right or reason not to, but, I can see them using those as a reason to wait.
    BradenIsMySon

Answer by BradenIsMySon at 10:56 AM on Oct. 30, 2010

• i think if you and hubby want to go for it. i think when they closer in age is better than to many years apart. i have 2 of mines that are 15 and 16 boy and girl best of friends they should have been twins...lol i have five alltogether 19,15,16,3 and 9 months good luck on whatever you decide fyi i was renting and not married for my first 3 i got married to someone else 5 years ago and thats how i now have my lil guys. i dont regret anything i have done they are loved and well taken care of thats all that matters
    4latinamommie

Answer by 4latinamommie at 11:04 AM on Oct. 30, 2010

• If you are financially secure to have a second child without the help of others, then I say to go for it!
    LuvBug3

Answer by LuvBug3 at 11:17 AM on Oct. 30, 2010

• IDK...........Do they simply feel you should be married? That decision is strictly betwen you and your SO.
    elizabr

Answer by elizabr at 11:19 AM on Oct. 30, 2010

• If you and your soon to be husband, want another child then Go for it!! But, it is important that you both are on the same page!
    maybebaby83

Answer by maybebaby83 at 11:32 AM on Oct. 30, 2010

• wait until your son is atleast a year so that your body heals completley from the last one and give your son your full focus like he deserves right now until you have another baby. i can only imagine how hard it is having two children still in diapers. i also want my children close in age but im waiting until my son is 2 atleast.
    PURPULbutterfly

Answer by PURPULbutterfly at 11:31 AM on Oct. 30, 2010

• Wow yourspecial, way to make an ASSumption about someone - she never said she's not financially secure.
    Anonymous

• What BradenIsMySon said AND you lack financial security. How many months of emergency cash do you have put back? How much do you have in savings? Are you saving for retirement? Have you started a college fund for your 1 yr old?

Wait and you will be thankful later...trust me!
    yourspecialkid

Answer by yourspecialkid at 11:04 AM on Oct. 30, 2010

• Why assume there is a lack of financial security? I have retirement and a 401K through my job and ds has a savings account for college. I may never own a house because I don't know if I want to.
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 11:15 AM on Oct. 30, 2010