My dog is our spoiled first child...

How do we help him adjust and learn to love baby when he gets here?

AprylnAtticus

Asked by AprylnAtticus at 11:06 AM on Oct. 30, 2010 in Pregnancy

• I wonder the same thing. I have to very spoiled corgis that will already be adjusting to moving out of the only home they know. Now I had the interact with my borther's twin when they were 8 months old and they did fantastic so I'm hoping things will be just fine.
    Anna-Chubaby

Answer by Anna-Chubaby at 12:49 PM on Oct. 30, 2010

• I'm sorry, but for the health of the dog, he should not be treated as a child. You need to make sure you establish that you are the pack leader. if your dog takes on that role, he may nip at the baby. I promise, dogs don't feel jealousy. I'm not saying dogs shouldn't be treated well, they just shouldn't be treated like people because they are not. They have other needs.
    Shanna84

Answer by Shanna84 at 11:18 AM on Oct. 30, 2010

• should not have any problems, our dog started to protect our twins when they came home.
    gammie

Answer by gammie at 11:11 AM on Oct. 30, 2010

• He will learn over time. Just don't forget to give him a lot of love. The family I sit for have basically forgotten their dog now with the new baby.
    elizabr

Answer by elizabr at 11:12 AM on Oct. 30, 2010